Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need A 3Sgte Conversions Diy

docurley

Hi

My friend who races his Celica is looking to change class and do a 3SGTE Turbo conversion so im trying to find a DIY for the winter project and because I know people like picture here she is.

SG100723.jpg

SG100713.jpg

SG100693.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Looks really nice mate, what bhp is she running at the moment? Dawsey will be the best guy to give you some pointers as he put a 3sgte in his ae92 corolla running around 500bhp.

Are you keeping it a front wheel drive car or are you going to do something really juicy with it? If its front wheel drive then you will need the mr2 turbo engine.

Also since its going in a racer i'm sure you already know about this but upgrading the 3sgte coolant system would be a good idea.

You may not know but I have 2 RAV4s running the 3SGTE turbo - one with a stage 3 level and the other pretty near stock. Both are running with the RAV4 4 wheel drive, but both engines came from MR2s.

The RAV4 drivetrain is over-engineered and seems to cope well with the stress. I use the faster RAV at Crail for 1/4 mile standing starts using the RAVs diff lock system to limit wheelspin. The apexi power fc set up is programmed to allow me to use it on the road albeit the car is a tad noisy with a straight thru exhaust and running the GT4 intercooler. Lots more mods as well and happy to help if I can.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links