Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E10 3Sgte

john905

I'm pretty sure the valves are the same size and i think its only the rev3 exhaust cam that is bigger than the rev2 one, nice little mod.

I always thought the rev2 head was better cause of those ports.

Oh right i might see you if you come up the A1 sometime, i'll try and beep but usually i hide when i'm in the mondeo.

Can you put a rev 3 head on a rev2 block? without any machining i mean

Its much livelier in the corolla forum like

from what ive been told the rev3 head should bolt on a rev2 block mate,will keep my eye out for the mondeo then lol, will be at pod alot next year and jae if it ent blown up by then, so sure i will see your beast :thumbsup:

yeah rev 3 head will go on rev 2 block. need alternator bracket and think you use the rev2 cambelt but not 100%, has been done a few times before.

may also be worth keeping an eye out for a rev3 lump with failed ringlands if your forging it anyway, they can be picked up reasonably priced

yeah rev 3 head will go on rev 2 block. need alternator bracket and think you use the rev2 cambelt but not 100%, has been done a few times before.

may also be worth keeping an eye out for a rev3 lump with failed ringlands if your forging it anyway, they can be picked up reasonably priced

ok bud thanks, was looking on google and found a few sites that said the rev2 block is stronger then the rev3, how true this is i dont no, will keep an eye out on e bay though

It is kind of a general belief the rev 2 block is stronger, the block out the st165 is even stronger apparently. Whether its a fact though is another matter, i think its cause there is more rev3 blocks being used you find more stories about blocks cracking etc.

After listening to a few people on these forums over the years the best way to safeguard against the block cracking etc is cooling mods. The standard cooling setup isn't the best so there's some nice mods out there for upgrading the system. Some stuff you can do to the coolant system and other things to keep temps down:

Adding swirl pot and header tank

Higher pressure rad cap(if you have put a header tank and swirl pot on you won't need to do this)

TRD low temp thermostat

Bigger aluminium rad although the standard rad is very good and i think its made of copper which is better than aluminium

Evans Coolant (ask lee how good this stuff is)

Fettling the water pump recess so it will fit the rev3 water pump

FMIC(which you have)

Lag all the pipes

Additional oil cooler(highly recommend doing this)

Water Injection

Slimline fans (more for saving room)

Disconnect throttle body pipes(this is in place to actually warm the throttle body)

Can't really think of anything else right now but some ideas if you ever fancy doing anything to the system

:

It is kind of a general belief the rev 2 block is stronger, the block out the st165 is even stronger apparently. Whether its a fact though is another matter, i think its cause there is more rev3 blocks being used you find more stories about blocks cracking etc.

After listening to a few people on these forums over the years the best way to safeguard against the block cracking etc is cooling mods. The standard cooling setup isn't the best so there's some nice mods out there for upgrading the system. Some stuff you can do to the coolant system and other things to keep temps down:

Adding swirl pot and header tank

Higher pressure rad cap(if you have put a header tank and swirl pot on you won't need to do this)

TRD low temp thermostat

Bigger aluminium rad although the standard rad is very good and i think its made of copper which is better than aluminium

Evans Coolant (ask lee how good this stuff is)

Fettling the water pump recess so it will fit the rev3 water pump

FMIC(which you have)

Lag all the pipes

Additional oil cooler(highly recommend doing this)

Water Injection

Slimline fans (more for saving room)

Disconnect throttle body pipes(this is in place to actually warm the throttle body)

Can't really think of anything else right now but some ideas if you ever fancy doing anything to the system

cheers bud :thumbsup:

only cooling mods ive done is hardblok the block and run Evans NPG+ coolant. no cracking issues here.

cylinder flex is the biggest cause of block cracks. the hardblok stiffens up the cylinders at the base and reinforces the main bearing area.

oil temps go up a few degrees (still within safe limits though) but an oil cooler will help this.

NPG+ is expensive (£80 for a front mounted 3S) but with a boiling point of 400deg @ 7psi it wont boil till your pistons are pools of alloy in the sump!

hardblok info here works out about £60 for a short fill but that's enough for about 3 or 4 3S blocks (short fill is enough for a chevvy V8!). got mine from webster bros racing IIRC.

evans is available from fennies.

only cooling mods ive done is hardblok the block and run Evans NPG+ coolant. no cracking issues here.

cylinder flex is the biggest cause of block cracks. the hardblok stiffens up the cylinders at the base and reinforces the main bearing area.

oil temps go up a few degrees (still within safe limits though) but an oil cooler will help this.

NPG+ is expensive (£80 for a front mounted 3S) but with a boiling point of 400deg @ 7psi it wont boil till your pistons are pools of alloy in the sump!

hardblok info here works out about £60 for a short fill but that's enough for about 3 or 4 3S blocks (short fill is enough for a chevvy V8!). got mine from webster bros racing IIRC.

evans is available from fennies.

great cheers for the info lee :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

just a few more pictures, its back on the road again now forgot how fast it was lol :thumbsup:

my santa pod orange wheels with slicks

Photo00131.jpg

direct port nos

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

a few shots i took the other day

Photo0054.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0045.jpg

thanks for looking!

looks soo much nicer on the standard bumper and celica wheels.

fair play.

did you get her on the rollers yet?

lad over here has the same done and we had a rolling road day and it made 248 i think it was.

theres another lad i know putting an st185 into his e10 and having it 4wd B)

looks soo much nicer on the standard bumper and celica wheels.

fair play.

did you get her on the rollers yet?

lad over here has the same done and we had a rolling road day and it made 248 i think it was.

theres another lad i know putting an st185 into his e10 and having it 4wd B)

thanks for the comments lads

andycam06 no not been on the rollers yet :( but it will in the next few weeks, think i have seen the other corolla on toc ireland

looking good mate, i know what you mean, had a test run in the mr2 the other day nearly shat my pants lol

looking good mate, i know what you mean, had a test run in the mr2 the other day nearly shat my pants lol

cheers mate, how the mr2 coming on is out on the road yet bud?

I actually lol'd at this! :thumbsup:

first taste of boost ive had in over a year (well tell a lie i did have a passenger ride in fawbs's gt4 but its not the same as when your driving)

should be going for MOT friday if i get the handbrake cable sorted. hoping to get to japfest with her though.

ill post up a project thread on the 2 as ive just realised i havent done one yet

first taste of boost ive had in over a year (well tell a lie i did have a passenger ride in fawbs's gt4 but its not the same as when your driving)

should be going for MOT friday if i get the handbrake cable sorted. hoping to get to japfest with her though.

ill post up a project thread on the 2 as ive just realised i havent done one yet

Lee,

Good to hear the project is progressing well. Is that Japfest at Castle Combe 14th May or is it Japfest2 at Donnington Park 10th July?

John

castle coombe john although would like to make it to the one at donnington if poss as well.

handbrake cables are don just a final check over tomorrow and we should be good :thumbsup:

castle coombe john although would like to make it to the one at donnington if poss as well.

handbrake cables are don just a final check over tomorrow and we should be good :thumbsup:

That's good news - we'll be there but with another club. I PM you my mobile number - it would be good to catch up.

John