Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bloody Clutches!

Cyker

I've had my clutch done recently,

the car had done 55,000 ish

the release bearing was well worn, some owner before, riding the clutch

the friction plate was not too bad, but the whole lot was done for £504 using blue print parts

really light pedal and no judder!!!

I have an 09 yaris luna and noticed recently that I'm getting a rattle but when i press the clutch the rattle stops, would that be the same problem?

The Yaris 'judder' we're talking about is when you're trying to move off (usually in the morning in winter) - As you engage the clutch it judders a lot before fully engaging. It feels like a learner in a weak petrol car who is engaging the clutch without using enough throttle.

I'm starting to think this is a symptom of a worn release bearing/diaphragm spring, but as it's a physical judder and not a rattle I don't think it's the same thing you're having...?

Some clutches tend to judder when cold,but the problem goes once it warms up.so that points to the drive plate being the problem.i had a Vw Derby that was ok cold but a headache when warmed up.A modified drive plate was was fitted under warranty that cured tha problem.

loose or damaged engine mountings will cause the same thing so is worth checking out.

Some cars suffer more in cold/wet weather with clutch judder when cold. I understand it's from condensation on the flywheel/clutch face overnight.

Difficult to stop unless you have a dry well ventilated garage,

Also weak engine /gearbox mountings make it worse..(I speak from experience of a clapped out Austin A30 which juddered like mad starting up hills. I had no money so just left the soggy mountings for 3 years until it was scrapped.)

A friend had a look at my Yaris and commented on that problem could be a worn trust bearing but my warranty doesn't cover the clutch, but according to my friend the thrust bearing shouldn't go so quickly....and the rattle is the movement on the bearing??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links