Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Beeps/buzzes (And Introduction)

Biff01

Firstly, hello everyone and its good to be part of the Toyota Owners Club.

I've recently bought a 2007 Avensis and i love it in many ways. If i could change one thing it would be the seats, i would make them a little deeper for the longer legged like myself and i'd like to lower them more (i'm, 6ft 4). Apart from that i adore the car. Its a joy to drive.

My wife recently drove and said while going round an island she heard three beeps or buzzes. Any ideas please? She didnt notice any warning symbols on the display. I cant see any reference to a warning sound like that in the owners manual. The manual only refers to lights, seat belts reminder and keys in the ignition for warning sounds.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Was it a text message? :lol:

Thats strange to hear a beep but not have a light on the dash. I don't know if the Avensis has this feature or not, but on a couple of my previous cars there would be a beep if the fuel was low, or the windscreen washer fluid. Sometimes a hill or roundabout could put enough sideways or backwards force to make the car think the levels are low, and sound the 'beep'. Its the only thing i can think of.

Text message? lol maybe. I have no idea but dont think it was fuel or windscreen washer.

The only thing i can think of is that its very cold tonight , approx 3 - 5c. Would there be a warning buzzer if the car lost a bit of traction going round an island? Does the Avensis sound a buzzer for loss of if the wheel lose grip?

I have to be honest and say that i don't know. I have an Auris and have only owned it 6 days, so not really 100% sure of its features, but i if i was to guess i would say that its unlikely.

I think the traction control or ESP is designed to work silently in the background, and any beeps might distract the driver and make matters worse in that situation.

Sorry i cant be of more help, the low fluid warning was the only thing i can think of without a dash light on display.

Just keep your eyes and ears open for it happening again, and see if it develops into a pattern.

Firstly, hello everyone and its good to be part of the Toyota Owners Club.

I've recently bought a 2007 Avensis and i love it in many ways. If i could change one thing it would be the seats, i would make them a little deeper for the longer legged like myself and i'd like to lower them more (i'm, 6ft 4). Apart from that i adore the car. Its a joy to drive.

My wife recently drove and said while going round an island she heard three beeps or buzzes. Any ideas please? She didnt notice any warning symbols on the display. I cant see any reference to a warning sound like that in the owners manual. The manual only refers to lights, seat belts reminder and keys in the ignition for warning sounds.

Thanks in advance for any help.

are you sure your engine oil level is not low.its typical of low oil level warnings when going aound corners/bends for a warning to be given,but not does show on a staight bit of road.when your wife heard the buzzer being on a roundabout she would not take her eyes of the road to see what visual warning was showing.but when straighting up and looking there would be nothing showing.its centrifugal force pushing the low oil level away from the oil pump.

Thanks for the replies.

I have not checked the oil for about 1 week so i will check that later. If the VSC causes a buzzer i would have thought that would be a common thing during the winter, if your car slipped a little on an icey or wet part of the road the buzzer would sound often. The manual doesnt refer to any buzzer connection to the VSC.

The only other thing that i thought about today (which the manual does mention)is that she had her handbag on the passenger seat. Its possible (perhaps) that her heavy handbag moved slightly as she was going round a corner and tripped the passenger steatbelt reminder which buzzed a few times? The manual does mention about heavy bags on seats although its not very heavy.

Thanks for the replies.

I have not checked the oil for about 1 week so i will check that later. If the VSC causes a buzzer i would have thought that would be a common thing during the winter, if your car slipped a little on an icey or wet part of the road the buzzer would sound often. The manual doesnt refer to any buzzer connection to the VSC.

The only other thing that i thought about today (which the manual does mention)is that she had her handbag on the passenger seat. Its possible (perhaps) that her heavy handbag moved slightly as she was going round a corner and tripped the passenger steatbelt reminder which buzzed a few times? The manual does mention about heavy bags on seats although its not very heavy.

owned my avensis from new 07 and the only beep i've ever had is when i've had something on pass seat that has moved going round a corner or fell over on pass seat going round a corner....doesnt take much...a 2 litre bottle of coke normally does it!!

Thanks for the replies.

Bet you its the passenger seat alarm, happened all the time on mine with stuff on the seat. Until I turned the alarm off :) Peace at last!!

I used to own a 2005 Avensis and whenever I had my gym bag on the passenger seat, driving over bumps/potholes or going round a roundabout it would set off the seat belt warning, but that's not quite a 'beep' in my opinion.

VSC does make a beep but it only ever did so when you're hammering round a corner (or a roundabout in my experience) and losing a lot of traction.