Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Airbag Warning Llight

heepster

Hello fellow Aygo people.

My airbag warning light is on permanently (flashing), and there is nothing in my owners manual to say why, other than 'see your Toyota dealer immediately'.. (very helpful...)

As far as I know, the car had not been in any accident before I bought it - I've had the car 16 months and the light started to flash about 2 months ago. It was last serviced June 2010, and there were no issues.

Can anyone advise what the problem might be? Do I need to go to a Toyata Dealer (visions of a massive bill...), or can this be resolved some simpler way?

Go to the dealer. Have them read the ECU and determine what might be the problem.

My dog jumped in the passenger side and gave her head quite a bump on the dashboard, presenting me with exactly the same problem so I did what the manual told me and took it to Mr T where I was told that I had a number of faults left on the onboard computer that hadn't been deleted, so they cleared them and told me I should wait to see if the problem occurs again, which it did.. I took it back and they had another look at it, told me the passenger side airbag needed replaced and that none of my other airbags will deploy if I were to crash, which is slightly worrying. Long story short they're asking for £350 to repair the fault D:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of your suggestions.

I will go to a Toyota place and get them to read the ECU, though if there's a passenger airbag issue, the 'passenger' will have to walk instead!

B)

My airbag light had been flashing earlier this year. My dealer added £50 to the service charge (total charge £278.22) just to 'investigate' the problem - and advised me that a new airbag ECU was needed which would be a further £200.

Before I had decided on whether to bother my car was in another garage (to sort accident damage) where I was advised that the problem could be caused by a disconnection under the seat. The problem was solved at this garage free of charge.

The long term result - the car will not be going back to the Toyota Dealer for any other works - not for a service or anything else.

Mine was fixed under its extended warranty luckily, hope you get it sorted!

• 4 years later...

Dealer charged me £50 odd to diagnose a problem with the SRS ECU, however the light was off when I took the car back from them. I then read this forum and my wife reported that the light came on just after she bumped the car in a stall. So the loose connector theory seems likely in this case too.

The dealer will not be getting a 10/10 rating in thier survey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links