Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Dash Door Light Won't Switch Off

QAS

Hi Guys

I am really struggling with this issue and it's draining the Battery flat. My Yaris door light (red one in the dash) will not turn off, i think it could be due to faulty door switch but i have no idea how to check it if it's faulty. Is there anyway to turn this warning light off or is there a fuse that i could check?

All fuses look fine, I've spent 2 hours today but couldn't figure it out and now Battery is completely flat.

Please help.

Thanks

Qas

I don't know if the rear hatch has a door pin that lights up the door-open light, but if so I'd check that one first.

It's possible the pin has got knocked or loose...

Otherwise perhaps the wire on one of the door pins has fallen off and is shorting to the car body. Take each door switch out and check to see the wire's still connected.

Hi Guys

I am really struggling with this issue and it's draining the battery flat. My Yaris door light (red one in the dash) will not turn off, i think it could be due to faulty door switch but i have no idea how to check it if it's faulty. Is there anyway to turn this warning light off or is there a fuse that i could check?

All fuses look fine, I've spent 2 hours today but couldn't figure it out and now battery is completely flat.

Please help.

Thanks

Qas

It may sound like a silly question but is the cabin light illuminated as well? If so then you definitely have a door switch fault if all the doors are closed.

I doubt very much the door open warning light on it's own would flatten your Battery so quickly, as they only consume about 1.2 Watts (approx. 0.1 amps).

Has any work been carried out on the electrics recently, also did you get the starting problem sorted?

I don't know if the rear hatch has a door pin that lights up the door-open light, but if so I'd check that one first.

It's possible the pin has got knocked or loose...

Otherwise perhaps the wire on one of the door pins has fallen off and is shorting to the car body. Take each door switch out and check to see the wire's still connected.

Thanks

It was the rear hatch sensor, it's now working fine. It must have got knocked out.

Cheers really appreciate your help.

• 4 years later...

I have had this problem, I tried changing sensor(s) but the problem persisted. I went to my mechanic and he very quickly diagnosed the issue as a loose silver door catch. He tightened it and the issue went away.

Please note, my specific issue took months to manifest and it gradually became worse and worse, this fitted the issue of a loosened catch which was getting looser. You will be able to tell by moving the catch itself with your hand or seeing if, when the door is closed, the lines of the body are aligned.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys.

I've read your replies great news, now I'm struggling to find where the rear hatch sensor is, or which door could have the fault? do I need a diagnostics on the car? 

or can someone assist me where I need to find the sensor or which door could possibly have the fault? I called the dealership and the guy knew what the issue is but he is not telling me on the phone he wants me to bring it in and charge me £54 plus vat for 30 mins diagnostics. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

please help???

Hi Bombay,  You should be able to find the switch/sensor near the door pillar latch, and the tailgate should be on the r/hand side.. Don't forget that some models have a sensor for the bonnet..

• 2 years later...

Have a Yaris 2012 Model Xs automatic and have the same problem my car dash sensor for stays on and not go off beeps one way and don't lock with remote only unlocks what can it be one of me door sensors not working or jam but all is working fine..

• 1 month later...

Hi having this problem now so if anyone can help it'll be much appreciated