Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Key Fob Battery

Mat-O

Hi everyone, been a while since I posted!

I have a 2001 TSport and the Battery is starting to die (jn the keys, not the car)! I've heard that Toyota charge ~£20 for a Battery change, so I popped my fob open and ordered myself a CR1616 (as it stated on the Battery cover) off Amazon. To my surprise they were not 20 pounds sterling, they were 90 pence for an Energizer CR1616. That's some markup they've got going.

Anywho, if I whip the old battery out and pop in the new one, will any problems with the alarm or immobilizer occur? Is there a reset procedure to follow? Normally I'd look this up in my Yaris book which they give you, but it's in Norwich and I'm in Hull! Couldn't find and answers on search either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys!

You shouldn't experience any problems changing the Battery providing there's a little power left in the old one and the swap is completed within a few minutes. It's only when the Battery is completely flat that you'll have problems which will require a recode.

You shouldn't experience any problems changing the battery providing there's a little power left in the old one and the swap is completed within a few minutes. It's only when the battery is completely flat that you'll have problems which will require a recode.

Did it myself.. No problems. Took at least 30 secs..

Wish everything else was as easy..

same as above, no problems, just get a Battery from anywhere as long as its the same code, unscrew the case and pop the Battery in the case inside the black plastic Shell.

i got my yaris one from a local hardware store for £1, places that do watch batteries are also good place to find them.

same as above, no problems, just get a battery from anywhere as long as its the same code, unscrew the case and pop the battery in the case inside the black plastic shell.

i got my yaris one from a local hardware store for £1, places that do watch batteries are also good place to find them.

Amazon 80p .Freepost...

Thanks guys.

The Battery was ordered at the weekend as I need it regardless! My only worry was that I have no spare key in Hull if the immobilizer went !Removed! up, my spare key in in Norwich. That's a long walk, or worse, go in the girlfriend's Smart Car :eek:

I'll give it a bash when the Battery arrives, thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

I have the T Spirit which has that keyless entry and go thing. I go through a Battery about every six months for some reason but they're only about 2 quid from the local dealer. I could get them cheaper from a watch place but the dealer is on my way to work so is very handy.

Gordon

I have the T Spirit which has that keyless entry and go thing. I go through a battery about every six months for some reason but they're only about 2 quid from the local dealer. I could get them cheaper from a watch place but the dealer is on my way to work so is very handy.

Gordon

New Battery every 6 months?? I've had my Yaris for 4yrs now and still not changed the key fob Battery! :o

New Battery every 6 months?? I've had my Yaris for 4yrs now and still not changed the key fob Battery! :o

I know, the dealer said that I'm the only person that's ever bought a new Battery. I have no idea why it's using so many, although the one that I have now has been in since last winter so the previous 5 or 6 could have been dodgy.

Gordon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links