Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Size Advice Needed Please

meltonlad

im running 195/60/15 at the moment but ive got the chance of some 195/65/15. could i run on the other size ?? what differrents would it make if any ??

im running same as you on my standard wheels, was thinking of going for 205/50/16 on a set of t-sport wheels but never bothered in the end

im running 195/60/15 at the moment but ive got the chance of some 195/65/15. could i run on the other size ?? what differrents would it make if any ??

If you change from 195/60/15 to 195/65/15 the differences will be the following:

Your wheel diameter will be increased from 615mm to 635mm.

Your wheel overall peripheral will change from 1932mm to 1995mm.

The overall difference in percentage will be 3.17% which is not good at all. (Generally everything above 2% fault is not acceptable).

In other words you will lose in acceleration, you will lose in top speed, you will consume more fuel and your speedometer will not indicate the correct figures.

madvinegar's calculations seem to suggest it is not good. one thing i would say is the corolla size myself and meltonlad are running seem to 'skinny' for the car if anything i would look to get wider wheels/tyre or just tyres rather than ones with higher profile admittedly however the gap with the tyre and arch is HUGE lol

the gap with the tyre and arch is HUGE lol

LoL!

This is true. But the only way to make things look better is to lower the car... :thumbsup:

Yeah true mate, they are so high of the ground but i must say the ride quality in my corolla is just perfect, on the motorway there isnt too much bounce yet its still comfy enough for my grandad lol

If you change from 205/55/16 to 195/65/15 the differences will be the following:

Your wheel diameter will be increased from 632mm to 635mm.

Your wheel overall peripheral will change from 1985mm to 1995mm.

The overall difference in percentage will be only 0.41% which is minimal.

So, yes, these tyres (and rims) will fit a Corolla verso IF the standard is 205/55/16. But why to reduce the size of your rims and go from 16" to 15"?

If you change from 205/55/16 to 195/65/15 the differences will be the following:

Your wheel diameter will be increased from 632mm to 635mm.

Your wheel overall peripheral will change from 1985mm to 1995mm.

The overall difference in percentage will be only 0.41% which is minimal.

So, yes, these tyres (and rims) will fit a Corolla verso IF the standard is 205/55/16. But why to reduce the size of your rims and go from 16" to 15"?

I was thinking of getting some winter tyres and heard thinner tyres were better. I suppose I can still leave them at 16". I don't suppose it would make much difference either way.

What are the spacings for the studs on the rims as some places say 5x100 other 5x114, as i also heard steel rims are better in winter weather. Plus if you do have the misfortune of sliding in to a curb or hitting a pot hole when it thaws it's less likely damage them as much as alloys.

Sorry if i'm asking questions that have been asked 100 times already.

On a corolla it is 4 x 100 (except the last corolla E15). The corolla verso up to 2004 has the same 4 x 100. The corolla verso after 2004 I think has 5 x 114,3.

On the other hand I know that you can find studs that change the spacing from 114.3 to 100, but I would not recommend them...

And yes, if you want to use winter tyres, I do agree that to get a set of 4 steel wheels sized 15" which are thinner, is the best solution.

• 2 years later...

My Corolla 2004 is running on 205 95 R15 instead of the OEM fit 195 60 R15 .... May I Know the implications ?

Check the tyre size - do you mean 205/65/R15 or 205/60/R15??

FROSTYBALLS,

Apologies for the Typing error ! :dontgetit: The Tyres in use are 205/65 R15 94S against OEM fit 195/60 R15.

Thanks...

Dr S Shalini

Compared to the original fit, these tyres will make the speedometer over-read by an additional 1%. You will need to inform your insurance company of the change in tyre size.

• 3 years later...

Really late thread bump, I hope such is accepted on this forum, i.e. not considered thread necromancy, which is not my intent.

I drive a 2002 Corolla Verso, and currently on 185/65-15 wheels. I know this isn't even listed as an OEM configuration, but it's well within specs.

However, 195/60-15 is one OEM specified tire size for my vehicle (4x100 bolt pattern),

whereas the newer Corolla Verso (5x112 bolt pattern) has 195/65-15 as one official tire configuration option.

Now, I have a great deal on such wheel, and would be happy to put it on my rims, but I'd like to get approval by someone who has had it before I rush in.

So, anyone with a 4x100 bolt pattern Corolla Verso that has put 195/65R15 wheels on, and could verify that I will still have wheel arch clearance?

I live in a country where neither "DMV" or insurance companies are so strict about flying away from OEM specs.

I would, however, really hate it if I run into a situation where front wheels start rubbing in the wheel arch when I turn the wheel fully.

Please, fellow Corolla Verso owners, share your experience! :)

• 3 months later...

Heh, I had no luck on getting response but I took a chance and bought myself four pieces of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 195/65 R15 91V. This was early this summer and I've experienced no issues with rubbing or such whatsoever. Just thought I'd mention it, if anyone stumbles on this thread from Google search. Also, there is still plenty of space in the wheel-well, as you can see! :)

195_65_r15_corolla_verso_2002_e121.jpg