Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A New Shape Avensis Tr?

carinfront

Hello folks,

Seriously toying with the idea of changing my 2004 T3X for a 2nd hand new style Avensis, the 1.8 Auto TR in particular.

My questions are:

Am I right in thinking the TR has bluetooth connectivity as standard? If so, any feedback, any problems/niggles with it?

Also, with the "standard" stereo head unit, does anyone know if these can be changed easily for an aftermarket double din head unit (touchscreen etc) Will it require a surround plate to make it look "normal" as it were? Are these available from Mr T on their own?!

(Reason I ask is I've seen some TRs with standard and a couple (more expensive of course) with the upgraded touchscreen satnav stereos - prefer to find a standard one and modify it if i can)

Any advice GREATLY appreciated folks - Thanks again

Mike

Hi mate

I have a 2010 TR with the TNS 510 fitted, which is pretty average imho, nothing special. Going the route you are looking at is probably the best route, afaik you would need a facia adapter, connect2 make one for the T27 avensis, but it's not cheap http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects-ct23ty12-toyota-avensis-2009-double-facia-plates-p-9736.html

One odd thing about mine is that with the TNS510 nav unit, you don't get voice dialing or voice commands, but the button is still on the steering wheel, where as with the standard non nav head unit, you do get voice dialing etc. I have a nice shiny button that is illuminated on the wheel and does fek all.

Popping a double unit in with a converter should be pretty straight forward, and offer better navigation and audio capabilities.

cheers

Tony

Hi mate

I have a 2010 TR with the TNS 510 fitted, which is pretty average imho, nothing special. Going the route you are looking at is probably the best route, afaik you would need a facia adapter, connect2 make one for the T27 avensis, but it's not cheap http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects-ct23ty12-toyota-avensis-2009-double-facia-plates-p-9736.html

One odd thing about mine is that with the TNS510 nav unit, you don't get voice dialing or voice commands, but the button is still on the steering wheel, where as with the standard non nav head unit, you do get voice dialing etc. I have a nice shiny button that is illuminated on the wheel and does fek all.

Popping a double unit in with a converter should be pretty straight forward, and offer better navigation and audio capabilities.

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

Nice one, cheers for that info, good link too, not a bad lot that Dynamic Sounds bunch, some nice kit and not too far from me either. £37 is a fair bit for a plate isnt it, but I could swallow that I guess, if the end result means it looks proper.

So you reckon the standard head unti repalced might be a better option than the Toyota issue double din stereo (TNS510)? I wonder if the voice commands on the steering wheel would be compatible with an aftermarket head unit. Definately something for me to look into

Thanks again!

Mike

Mike, I am pretty sure that the connects 2 kit comes with a cage as well so for the £37 it's not to bad a deal, quality on those seems to be better than autoleads stuff as I had a connects 2 conversion kit in my last Skoda Superb.

Maybe the all new TNS350 is of interest, if you can wait that long.

Due in februari 2011.

http://telematicsnews.info/2010/10/03/paris-toyota-to-launch-internet-connected-navi-from-aisin-aw_o1301/

Looks interesting! Small screen though, preferred it if they lost the big buttons in favour of bigger screen etc. Good functionality though!

Mike, I am pretty sure that the connects 2 kit comes with a cage as well so for the £37 it's not to bad a deal, quality on those seems to be better than autoleads stuff as I had a connects 2 conversion kit in my last Skoda Superb.

Ah ok cool, cheers Tony, looks promising!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links