Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Starting ?

mr-taxi

hi i have an 2008 t2 d4d model , had a Battery fitted 6 mths ago and brand new heater plugs fitted but still very bad startin anyone got a clue ? plus do 50k a yr

hi i have an 2008 t2 d4d model , had a battery fitted 6 mths ago and brand new heater plugs fitted but still very bad startin anyone got a clue ? plus do 50k a yr

hi mate

- check with both SCV;

- check with fuel filter;

- Battery changed -- why ??? only 2 years have gone. this is a signal of glow plugs relay inspection -- somethere an electricity lose is available.

CHeers/Igor

Hi,

2008?

Your car is still under warranty, so ... have Toyota fix it.

And if Igor's suggestions don't help, I seem to remember a bad series of starter motors, all replaced under warranty.

Not sure what year those were though. :unsure:

Hi,

2008?

And if Igor's suggestions don't help, I seem to remember a bad series of starter motors, all replaced under warranty.

My car T3X 2.2 08 has had three batteries in 85000 mls. Starting when cold below 0 is always a problem Mr T always says the stop starting of taxi is the problem I dont, I think the car is the worst car I have had the misfortune to own and the starter motor and Battery system is poorly or cheaply designed. I have nothing good to say about this car other than only 9 months left to its replacement.

Hi,

2008?

My car T3X 2.2 08 has had three batteries in 85000 mls. Starting when cold below 0 is always a problem Mr T always says the stop starting of taxi is the problem I dont, I think the car is the worst car I have had the misfortune to own and the starter motor and Battery system is poorly or cheaply designed. I have nothing good to say about this car other than only 9 months left to its replacement.

Hi, Igor and Thermal have given you good advice, my car has the same engine as yours and started first piston up today in -7c (and always does) after being stood for 4 days. My car was built in 2006 and has the original Battery so I think you really need to speak to Toyota to get your starting problem sorted before the warranty runs out as possible fixes and parts required could cost a small fortune. Do Toyota service the car on time everytime and have you tried another dealership ...... I certainly would!

Regards, Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links