Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq3 Amazing In The Snow

Durham IQ

I've just gotten home after driving 20 miles through deep snow and packed Ice!!! Other cars where sliding all over the place whereas my tight little car seemed to cruise past everything... Hardly a twitch!!

Hi,

The IQ is the best car I have ever driven in the snow, heres why I think so.

Last winter I set off to work when we had a realy bad snow fall over night, from my house it is all up hill for the first mile, their was 6 iches of snow at 5.45am, all other cars I have had cant get up even in less snow.

Any way my journey is 24 miles to manchester, I got on the motorway (which is 21 miles of the journey)and drove their in heavy snow falling, traveling between 30 and 50 mph in the second and third lanes all the way passing every car with ease.

I got to work only to find that i was the only one to make it, so after a couple of hours i locked up ready to set off back home, the snow was now 9 inches deep (i know this because i measured it with a ruler before i left) i had to shovel an area so that i could turn the IQ around and get some motion/run up to drive off the site, the car was dragging its self across the snow but managed it just, I then got on the motorway again and cruised back home with ease yet again, other than a 4x4 most other cars wouldn't have made that journey so easily or at all.

FANTASTIC, can't wait for more snow this year.

Yes, iQ is good in snow (and some iQ drivers too :jockey:)

In some countries you have to "wear" wintertyres on your car. Do you have the ones with the SNOWFLAKE-sign (=offical sign for the "snowboots" of cars) too? :xmas:

Has anyone else found their IQ superior in the snow?

hi

does your IQ go under the snow,should have thought a couple inches would cover a bubble car.

Must say I have to agree the IQ is amazing in the snow I have fitted it with Pirelli winter tyres and it is almost as good as a 4x4 (I have owned several from Daihatsus to shoguns, Subaru's, Discovery 3 and a few different Audis) the grip is superb and find it very hard to get the abs to kick in on compacted snow and ice it just stops all in all very impressed.

Jas

Well Les (giddlepin) has just phoned me from outa town. He has gone to work in the IQ2 which he had to just about dig out of the snow in our front garden this morning..........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He says it drove great in the snow, not a twitch, excellent :thumbsup: . He wouldn't have dared to drive the Roadster in this :unsure: , so its one up to the IQ :toast:

iQ handles super, found that out last (long) winter. Now I have all-weather tyres, sort of wintertyres for all year. Allowed in Germany too.

I'm very curious how it handles now, but I don't have to wait, because at the moment everything turns white around me.

My winter tyres just arrived tonight (from Germany) so I know what I'll be doing this evening ready for our predicted snow tomorrow.

My winter tyres just arrived tonight (from Germany) so I know what I'll be doing this evening ready for our predicted snow tomorrow.

Evening all

I've driving up to Cape Wrath from London in my iQ2 over Christmas and would like to buy some winter tyres. What do people recommend?

Cheers,

Nic

I got my Falken Eurowinter tyres from mytyres.co.uk complete with steel wheels - there are good links to German magazine reviews for many of the brands and some browsers will translate the pages for you too. Delivery from Germany in less than a week - not bad I thought.

Cheers,

Paul

I got my Falken Eurowinter tyres from mytyres.co.uk complete with steel wheels - there are good links to German magazine reviews for many of the brands and some browsers will translate the pages for you too. Delivery from Germany in less than a week - not bad I thought.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi NicDubya,

I had these fitted on my last trip to germany & done 3000miles on them with no problems :thumbsup: .

verdestein 175/65 r15 84t

post-63295-077002100 1291225500_thumb.jp

Just ventured out in our IQ2.....ok Les was driving - but went like a breeze! SNOW??? No problem!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Well.....we did come across one problem that slowed us down (not the sledges either ;) ) :rolleyes:

not had any problems either, also heats up quick so the snow on the screen defrosts quickly.

biggest problem i've had is the windscreen washers - oh how I wish those were heated

Hi

thanks for feedback on how the Iq handles in snow. I have only had the my IQ2 for a month, and was really worried about going out in the snow, as I thought it was a small car and would struggle.

I am now intending to take him out for the first time in the snow/ice tomorrow, and will feel a little more confident.

• 2 weeks later...

The IQ is really easy to drive in the snow. I love the way it beeps when you're being 'enthusiastic'.

Still managed to get stuck a few times getting out my road (bit of a hill). Had to have the wife stand at top of the road letting me know when traffic was clear, then just took a run up!

Just copied my comments from another thread, in case some followers jumped the thread on the sterring problem

""I am wondering if the IQ is safe to drive in the ice ??

If the steering is affected by rumble strips, quite what running over frozen ice patches will do to it I wonder ??

Slightly OT but I find driving in ""S"" mode on the automatic at slow speeds on bad snow/ice roads gives a little more control over the engine and engine braking than the ""D"" setting. ""

Rgds

Im finding my IQ to be fab in the snow , just aswell as where i live in Scotland we have snow for around 4-5 months of the year ! husband is glad that im finding the IQ so great in the snow , as it means he can use our Range Rover !

Hi there !

I too find that my IQ2 is FANTASTIC on the snow.

We had some bad episodes of snow down here in France; I remember a 3% (at most) gradient that most cars (including very expensive BMWs :D) around me couldn't climb... had NO trouble with the IQ... and that's with the factory-fitted Bridgestone tires!

This confirm my belief that the iQ is really a true car. Most people don't believe it until they see it.

Merry xmas