Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Celica - When I Start Cold, I Can Hear A Slight Tap Tap Tap Nois

Addictt

Hi guys...

Just last few weeks, but not always, when i start my engine from cold, for about 2 mins.. it makes a slight tap tap tap noise, Its due an oil change, so will get that sorted next few days. however this noise is starting to concern me, once it warms up, its as smooth as it should be.

I have already changed the spark plugs, so not sure if that has caused a prob, but any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know what viscosity oil you're currently using?. Some owners are using a 10W40 which takes longer to circulate/protect and I'd recommend using either a 0W or 5W oil when you have it changed. A 5W30 S/S is fine for a 140, but a 0W or 5W/40 F/S would be better in a 190.

Do you know what viscosity oil you're currently using?. Some owners are using a 10W40 which takes longer to circulate/protect and I'd recommend using either a 0W or 5W oil when you have it changed. A 5W30 S/S is fine for a 140, but a 0W or 5W/40 F/S would be better in a 190.

Hi, the one i have been topping it up with has been a 5w 30... however i'm not sure what it was changed with, but i'm due for oil change. what oil is best recommended?

Thanks for your help.

Fuchs and Millers are both well respected brands. If you have a Buildbase near you, they can supply Fuchs Semi of Fully Synthetic at an excellent price.

Fuchs Titan XTR 5W30 S/S £12.80 + VAT

Fuchs Titan Supersyn 5W40 £22.80 + VAT

HTH :)

Hi guys...

Just last few weeks, but not always, when i start my engine from cold, for about 2 mins.. it makes a slight tap tap tap noise, Its due an oil change, so will get that sorted next few days. however this noise is starting to concern me, once it warms up, its as smooth as it should be.

I have already changed the spark plugs, so not sure if that has caused a prob, but any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

hi mate

yr problem is with injection quality only.

OK what is going on in details: when started - yr glow plugs are in order heat an air prior sparking, but the diesel is being burnt not in full cos of poor injection - you hear knock sounds until the cylinder reaches temperature when all even poured diesel is being vapoured during piston strokes. the oil is not in question at all. once all injectors will be repaired thiis head ache will leave you.Cheers/Igor

Hi guys...

hi mate

OK what is going on in details: when started - yr glow plugs are in order heat an air prior sparking, but the diesel is being burnt not in full cos of poor injection - you hear knock sounds until the cylinder reaches temperature when all even poured diesel is being vapoured during piston strokes. the oil is not in question at all. once all injectors will be repaired thiis head ache will leave you.Cheers/Igor

Igor, I appreciate you trying to help, but the Celica does not have a Diesel Engine or Glow Plugs.

Hi guys...

hi mate

Igor, I appreciate you trying to help, but the Celica does not have a Diesel Engine or Glow Plugs.

Hey, yes thanks for your reply, but i was about to say that the celica is petrol and as far as i was aware it didnt have glow plugs?

maybe something similar to the Spark Plugs though? as i replaced them myself?

thanks

Hi guys...

hi mate

hi mate

he over fueling issue is obvious giving such sounds.

Yes I have casualty missed sparks instead of glows --- S O R R Y !!!

In this way it looks injectors to be cleaned ultrasonically.

Cheers/Igor

lol nicely put :rolleyes:

OK I PRESUME THE MODERATORS WILL ADOPT DECISION HOW TO PROCEED WITH SUCH SARCASTIC PEOPLE.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links