Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Using To Much Oil

stueycel

just a quick update on the oil usage on my 2001 celica 140.i brought in from a nissan main dealer in may2010 with a warranty so after a few months i was getting worried about topping the oil up every few weeks so informed nissan dealer of the problem and told me i could take it to a toyota dealer to sort it ,so now after a oil check they say it is a problem and will use a modified block to sort the problem .so will see next week if nissan ok it fingers crossed this sorts the oil burning problem .any thorts welcome on the subject as iam new to this club cheers

This is a common fault on the pre 52 plate 140 Engine. The only fix is the modified Block which may cost ITRO £2500 to replace. Just hope your warranty will cover the high cost of this replacement.

Toyota GB are well aware of this problem and offered a free replacement Block on 140's up to seven years old (subject to an oil consumption test), which has now of course expired.

• 2 weeks later...

cheers guru after some searching i found that it was the block and as i type its in the main dealer stripped down ready for new block but the nissan warranty policy thats covering it needs the car to be inspected before its sorted so it would seem they not to quick to ok the job as they did over the phone as long as toyota took photos of the job.but as i was sold the car with this problem they dont have a leg to stand on i hope will keep updates on here as they happen and thanks for your intrest hope its soon resolved