Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Wind Deflectors

allenco

it really isn't as complicated as it looks, and you dont need a heat gun , just wait for a nice warm day , and let the motor stand in the sun for a few hours to let the adhesive set. The adhesive does all the work ,so make sure you clean the top of the door really well, but you do have to pull the window rubber down to put the clips in , just make sure the clips position in the door ,matches that of the positions where they fit into the deflectors, does what it says on the tin, did mine in about 45 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I think I'm not getting this. Why if I have Air Conditioning or Climate control would I want to open my windows at speed? Same applies to sun roof's. I have a peugeot 406 with a sun roof and Air Con. I have never opened the roof but in fact keep it covered inside the car so as not to burn my head in the summer. I can add fresh air as and when required.Also why would I want a car full of bugs,flies,wasps and bee's. It would make a cocked hat out of the pollen filter.

David

• 8 months later...

Bought wind deflectors from eBay they cost €30 not sure of the brand, came with clips that insert into the window with deflector, they were hard to push into place but with a bit of struggling they are rock solid. As a bonus the rubber at the top of the window was curled in, since the clips were inserted the rubber has pushed out and looks great. They really improve the look of the car.

Still dont get why if i bought a car with climate control and pollen filter filtering the fresh air why i would want to open my windows or open a sun roof and let in bugs, flies,noise and pollen especially if i have just forked out a mega cost for that filter during a service

David

Know what your saying David, but my car does not have air con, so I like to open the window a little bit.

Bernie

Hi Bernie

I didn't mean to be rude. I am fascinated, what year and model do you have ? I thought all models had A/C even if the early models were manual.

Cheers

David

Know what your saying David, but my car does not have air con, so I like to open the window a little bit.

Bernie

I thought all iQ's had either air conditioning or climate control.

Hi...finally got round to fitting my genuine Toyota window wind deflectors...took a total of 10 minutes for both sides.

Able now to drive with windows slightly open without awful drumming noise.

Regards

Gerry

Received my ones today. They are original ones and come with 4 clips and are self adhesive. Notice they also have a little iQ Badge on them.

Had them fitted by the dealer before I picked up the car. After quite a few months, I notice one was not fitted very well. Am trying to get the dealer to sort it out.

Although mine has the climate control, I'd only use it when it is very hot. I warm temperatures, i prefer open windows :)

Although mine has the climate control, I'd only use it when it is very hot. I warm temperatures, i prefer open windows :)

Only around town and below 30 mph. On the open road or motorway, I would have the climate control on and windows closed.

Hi sorry I'm wrong, appears I do have a/c all be it manual. Bit of a newbie, thought because it was manual that it wasn't a/c. Will be more careful in future and not show myself up as no nothing. Lol..

I have the Weathertech visors that fit into the window channel. Weathertech claims that they are made for them in Germany. The visors are very handy in the summer heat. You can lower the windows a couple of inches to keep the interior cool without worrying about a sudden shower soaking the seats. Here's a good installation video from Weathertech that should apply for any brand of in-channel visors:

re

Wind Deflectors and opening the windows.

The reason i fit them to every car i can, even since having stopped smoking, is for when parked and sitting in the car.

No engine running, windows would steam up if rainy or snowy, cold outside, but i can have the windows open a little for fresh air without drips or snow drift coming in. (even with the engine running and the heater on full i may well open the window a little)

I prefer external taped on Wind Deflectors for almost any vehicle and not the ones that go in the glass channel.

Often those clips are lost in the packaging,

or someone does not read the instuctions and places the clips at the wrong bit of the plastic going in the channel.

'No Hot Air gun', then a Hair Dryer does a good enough impression of one to warm a something up just a little.

(better than being heated up too much IMO)

george

PS

Even the small A/C unit on an iQ can loose you 3 mpg from my few times of trying it on regularly run routes.

Tight Scotsmen like me just cope with 40 degree celcius as you get into the car, open the windows and drive and put up with the 24 degree ambient temp if it ever gets to that.

Turning to Cold without the A/C on certainly does not give much cooling, but then i can fully understand that.

pps

Black/dark iQ's & black roof ones get very hot inside when sitting in sunlight.

That is In comparison to the White ones. IME.

So dont store chocolate in that black iQ.

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,looking some advice.i am undecided whether to install the back 2 wind deflector s or stick with just the front ones what would you all do,,,cheers........

Think it depends how often you have rear seat passengers. If you rarely have rear seat passengers I would be inclined to stay witb just the front ones. However, if the car looks better with all four fitted, I may go with that option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links