Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2Nd Hand Avensis D-4D T4

Sirc14

Picked up a low mileage, 18 month old T4 Avensis. Quite pleased with car so far but keen to find out from other owners what you would recommend as regards engine oil (The handbook is confusing and even the salesman didn't know?) and polish (Not happy with the standard wax off the high street retailers).

Would welcome advice.

Awfy cauld for waxing at present, matey, unless you've a heated garage. Collinite is a wee bit work to use, but superb results and protection. Do a panel at atime is best practice, clay bar clean first.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Autoglym ultra deep shine in my experience lasts very well and easy to use and dont have to use too much elbow grease.

Autoglym ultra deep shine in my experience lasts very well and easy to use and dont have to use too much elbow grease.

I've just bought some Autoglym HD for my car. Not used it yet but its very good according to what I've heard...

Used Collinite and now using the autoglym wax, both superb and cannot really say one is better than other for finish.

my car is black so it has to be a non abrasive polish.

cannot help with oil as mine is the model with dpf so uses a differnt oil i believe.

superb car and i hope you enjoy it.

I have the 2.2 and has DPF.

My manual states A1 5W-30 oil, hence i use Magnatec A1 5w-30

Generally A3/B3 for DPF is good (low ash), but in my manual it does not make this necessary.