Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Consumption On 2.0 Petrol

bestseany

why would theyn use more by design?

if this statement is correct,then owners of engines that use no oil or very little then must have some defect with their engines and should take the car into a mr t and have this problem rectified under warranty.

Modern cars can use more oil than older cars simply by design.

By comparison, mine is a 2010 T27 Avensis, which I consider a modern car. :)

I checked the oil every week, and when it went in for its first 15000 Km service, the equivalent of your 10000 miles, the oil level had not dropped noticeable.

I sure hope that's "as designed".

....Modern cars can use more oil than older cars simply by design.

Really :o .... I think not! :huh:

I find it staggering how anyone could suggest that a manufacturer would design such an engine :blink:

I have owned cars since the early 1970's and driven cars first built in the 1930's through to the modern day and I can say with all confidence that modern engines are far more efficient and, in general, better built than engines of old :yes:

You're missing my point, some engines can use oil because of the way the oil is used to lubricate the valvetrain etc which means it can get burnt up.

You're missing my point, some engines can use oil because of the way the oil is used to lubricate the valvetrain etc which means it can get burnt up.

what are you saying, that the oil is going down the valve guides, and its designed to do this.

you dont realy beleave that do you.

• 3 years later...

Whats probably quite important in this discussion is the mileage at which the engines start using the oil, and possibly the grade of oil thats in them....

I am thinking of buying a 2.0vvti so quite interested in this thread (and themileages) before I take the plunge. Could people provide this info ?