Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance?

Stephen61

anyone know the best ways of lowering insurance other than the obvious-age, no claims, high excess.......... :blink:

iv'e thought of alarm, tracker, park it off the road, pass plus, company car. any other options???

Advanced driving course normally lowers it a nice bit as well...

get married, add ya mum on it, move to a low crime rate area, limited millage.........

Thanks happen to know where you find out about an advanced course? I'm in South yorkshire. phone DVLA???

Thanks happen to know where you find out about an advanced course? I'm in South yorkshire. phone DVLA???

Try the Institute of Advanced Motorists, I think they have a website :thumbsup:

Depends on car, value e.t.c

My supra, being only worth 2k max, doesnt matter if I have 20 trackers and 5 pitbulls strapped to it. The premium doesn't shift, if your a new driver then advanced driving skills will help along with limited mileage.

I've been insured with the Pru for 4 years now. They always quoted the best price and have a very good cover including free GreenFlag cover legal fees and no claims protection. I've just received my renewal £454.56 so I phoned them to ask how much more it would cost to add my husband as a named driver (I've never added him before as I thought it would cost a lot more) I was very suprised when my new quote was £394.23. needless to say I renewed straight away best quote by miles. I asked why it goes down - no that I'm objecting - they said having a named driver is good because if you go on long journeys etc there is another driver to share the driving.

Not that I'll be letting him drive my YTS unless I really have to !!!

Kaz

hi kaz,

dont blame u not letting hubby drive your car ,let my other half

drive mine in cornwall couple of months ago he thrashd my Tsport

round the country roads racing bigga cars he aint drove it since!!!

ref insurance buy a reliant robin get it third party and get a box to

put over your head incase u c anyone u know :ph34r: (joke)

tracker normally does it & garage it at night.

kimi :thumbsup:

anyone know the best ways of lowering insurance other than the obvious-age, no claims, high excess.......... :blink:

iv'e thought of alarm, tracker, park it off the road, pass plus, company car. any other options???

cheaper to poark on a driveway or garage, away from tree, also depends on where you live

Have you had a quote off Toyotas own insurance. I moved to them this year and they knocked spots off the Tesco renewal quote. It's operated by the Royal Sun Alliance for them and all repairs get done by Toyota dealers(if thats a good thing or not).

Also don't modify the car.

Get a car thats in a low insurance bracket.

But you have suggested all the main reasons already.

My insurance would be lower if I could get the car into the garage, stupid thing is too narrow! :blink:

An excellent way of getting rid of insurance problems is not to have a car.....no don't go that far.

insure your superfast car as a 600cc smart car or something!

just dont ever get involved in an accident or have a run in with the feds :thumbsup:

I.A.M. may be an answer, however its ironic, I think they are the worst set of drivers I have ever come accross! Pathetic!

I went on a few courses, they are so wrapped up in what is going on ½ mile ahead they ignore the "Here & Now!" Agghhh Disaster!

Ever watched one try to park...its a joke, and they all drive old Volvo 740s!

Dennis