Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turtle Wax Ice

jw67

Despite myself being an Autoglym /Meguiars user my mate at work (with a very nice mk1 MR2)rates the Turtle Wax ICE range highly.With Halfords doing their 3 for 2 deal on Turtle Wax at the moment,I was wondering if any one has used this stuff and their views on it.

I use it and have done for over two years. I like it as it is quick and easy to use.

Be aware that if allowed to dry before cleaning off it does leave a bloom that needs real work to clean off, especially on dark colour cars. This is best used when applied and them wiped away quickly.

The product is good but there may be better out there on the market, however I rate it as giving a good overall shine and protection :thumbsup:

I use ProShine Spray & Shine I have found that it is one of the most versatile cleaning products on the market, it cleans cars, bikes, caravans, motorhomes, boats, gives crystal clear smear free windows and mirrors in seconds, removes road grime, tar, bird droppings, tree sap and bugs with ease, leaving a beautiful, waxed finish without the need for any water.

You only need to look at the shine on my old beast to see how good it is, and the whole car only took 18 mins.... Result

DSC00746.jpg

I use it and have done for over two years. I like it as it is quick and easy to use.

Be aware that if allowed to dry before cleaning off it does leave a bloom that needs real work to clean off, especially on dark colour cars. This is best used when applied and them wiped away quickly.

The product is good but there may be better out there on the market, however I rate it as giving a good overall shine and protection :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply.May have to give it a go soon then :thumbsup:

I use ProShine Spray & Shine I have found that it is one of the most versatile cleaning products on the market, it cleans cars, bikes, caravans, motorhomes, boats, gives crystal clear smear free windows and mirrors in seconds, removes road grime, tar, bird droppings, tree sap and bugs with ease, leaving a beautiful, waxed finish without the need for any water.

You only need to look at the shine on my old beast to see how good it is, and the whole car only took 18 mins.... Result

DSC00746.jpg

The Aygos looking damn fine there mate :thumbsup:

Can't say i'm convinced by this stuff... there are much better products out there

Maybe this shine will show you that Turtlewax is not so bad

Avensis_002.jpg

Although my previous car and not too clear this also had the same product used on it

LandC2.jpg

I don't doubt that it gives a good shine... but it's more of a quick detailer than a proper polish

This is the combination of Cherry Glaze All In One and then a coat of Harly Wax over the top..... not washed my car for about 3 months and despite the bad weather it's still not looking too bad and the beading is awesome...

46217_427834313677_681843677_4795547_193787_n.jpg

Gaz, I appreciate that there are many good or great products out there but this Turtlewax stuff give good polymer protection and as many others the water beading is incredible :yes:

Regardless of what is good or otherwise I would always recommend trying different products and if the person finds something they like and gives good results then I say "stick with it" :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that it gives a good shine... but it's more of a quick detailer than a proper polish

Which one are we talking about?The liquid ice or the ProShine?

Gaz, I appreciate that there are many good or great products out there but this Turtlewax stuff give good polymer protection and as many others the water beading is incredible :yes:

Regardless of what is good or otherwise I would always recommend trying different products and if the person finds something they like and gives good results then I say "stick with it" :thumbsup:

Completely agree Steve... only adding my personal thoughts as i've done a lot of comparisons and gained views from professional detailers... not trying to say anybody's wrong, just depends what you want from a product thumbsup.gif

Which one are we talking about?The liquid ice or the ProShine?

That comment was about the liquid ice stuff... i've a quick detailer that does the same job for less money and can be diluted depending on what you want to use it for thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Despite myself being an Autoglym /Meguiars user my mate at work (with a very nice mk1 MR2)rates the Turtle Wax ICE range highly.With Halfords doing their 3 for 2 deal on Turtle Wax at the moment,I was wondering if any one has used this stuff and their views on it.

Hi, i have used Turtle Wax Ice & it is very quick to apply & buff off, however you don't get lasting protection. If you want to polish your car every month, then this is a good quick way of doing so.

I have been having a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk and it would appear that after 20+ years of putting polish & the like on my car, that I should also be applying a sealant or wax over the polish. I am presently using the Meguiars 3 step system 1. Paint Cleaner, 2. Polish, 3. Carnuaba wax.

I wouldn't say not to use Turtle Wax ice, but there are a whole load of better products out there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links