Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aerial Adapter Advice Needed

Daveyonthemove

I'm hoping one of the resident audio experts can help me out here.

I have searched but couldn't find any answers without an out of date or removed link, so i'm sorry to ask the question again.

Tonight i removed the Auris factory fit radio and installed my Alpine head unit, but fell at the last hurdle....the aerial lead won't fit the Alpine female connection. The male is to big, so i need an adapter.

I have googled for some adapters, but the only info i can finde relates to Fakra/ISO/DIN etc, but i don't know which is which, and clicking on any links for 'Toyota' bring up several options.

So, if anyone knows for sure what i need to look for i can go to my local audio shop, or Halfords and pick one up and start enjoying my stereo.

Any advice or links would be fantastic, so thanks in advance :thumbsup:

from the pics ive got form my install, its showing the aerial connection ive got in my car was a long adaptor like this

Aerial_Connection.jpg

But the Alpine H/U i think was on a short aerial adaptor, which for the love of me, i can't find a pic of it :lol: but i think you will need to change it to something like this

con-ct27aa03.jpg

Linky within the pic :thumbsup:

Is this helping at all......

Bing

:thumbsup:

I now have the adapter, and the stereo works fine.

For anyone else who may come across this thread one day when searching for the same answer, here is a pic of the adapter i bought, and the product code you need to ask for if you pop along to Halfords.

IMAG0187.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links