Daveyonthemove

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Auris SR180

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

I suspect there are a few Tmobile customers out there with smart phones on an 'unlimited' data tariff like myself, who will probably receive a text in the next day or so informing them that the unlimited data is now capped to 500MB per month.
I have never bothered to check my actual allowance over a month, so don't know how much this will impact my enjoyment of this allowance, but when i manage to register my details i will be checking to see if i will be worse off as a result.

In the past i had an issue where O2 removed all 08** numbers from the free min allowance, and i was left out of pocket as i never received any warning. As a result i was able to prove that the changes had left me worse off and the change of contract allowed me to terminate early with no fee's and i was reimbursed the charges for the calls.

If my monthly usage exceeds 500MB then i will be putting a case forward to terminate my contract, as i signed up for unlimited (3GB fair usage) and the recent change is now going to limit my use of the service i signed up to.

For any other Tmobile customers out there, i would also check your usage. It may be an early get out if you wanted it, or just a chance to cancel and start a new contract for a newer handset :thumbsup:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Daveyonthemove

Daveyonthemove

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

For anyone that is interested (not many it would seem :lol: ) T-Mobile have done a u-turn on this decision.
Complaints have been rolling in thick and fast for T-mobile and as they breached their own T&C's by not giving 30 days notice of a change, many customers have exercised their right to apply to terminate their contract without penalty.
Also there was rumour of Ofcom investigating, and as a result the policy has been revised.
So any existing customer or new customer before 1st Feb 2011 will keep the 'unlimited' 3GB allowance, and new customers after that date will only get 500mb of allowance.
Its a small victory for the consumer, but the future of data hungry phones looks bleak unless you want to sign up to a contract on 3.... :help:

#3 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,790 posts
  • Toyota Model: Early Spec GTi-16 4A-GE
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

I had my cap set on my iPhone o 750MB and quite frankly you will never use even your 500MB if you just use Facebook and Safari occasionally.

O2 were very good and gave me 30 days notification of this change and even told me 5 minutes before the new rules were implemented. I was very pleased with them and the way that they handled it, but I did have to ask myself; Why cap it at all?

I can't see how it costs them that much to provide this service with all the money they drag in...

#4 Daveyonthemove

Daveyonthemove

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

You say that i would not use the 500mb, but i do!
The last 4 days have tallied up over 180mb, so times that by 8 and you can see that its not enough in my case, hence why i signed up to it.
Remember, not everyone has the same set of circumstances. I'm in the military and getting a broadband contract in the accommodation is hard enough, and finding one that is under 18 months and will allow you to cancel/freeze it if you are posted or serve away is nearly impossible, so i have to use a mobile internet connection to access the internet.
And if most users only use 200mb of the allowance, then what is the point of restricting everyone?

#5 Solenn

Solenn

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Hilux 2009

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Keeping close track of your mobile phone use and billing can really be a complete bummer, if you don't watch it closely, you'd be surprised of the hidden charges. If you do, you'd be like an obsessive-compulsive psycho who does. :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users