Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Windows

kooldj

On several occasions, my driver's side window lowered itself when I wasn't in the vehicle and with the key off and not in the ingition. I've owned this Highlander for about 2 years and the dealer cannot seem to find a problem. I'm afraid to step away from the vehicle with personal items left inside. Can anyone help?

have you had a diagnosis machine on the vehicle to see if any fault codes appear?

do they wind down electronically or gravity?

Could the switch be sticking, or something internally is broken and is shorting out the contacts? What happens if you disconnect the switch, does the window still go down?

I might add that this same thing happened to a Honda Acord 2003 EX I own. I parked the vehicle, went into a cafe, came out and all of the windows were rolled down. I'm thinking that there must be some type of radio frequencies or something causing this. It must also have happened to others. The dealer cannot locate the problem. In fact, today I parked the vehicle at the dealership, with all windows up. When I went outside with the service writer, the driver's side window had lowered.

OT:

can radio/mobile frequencies stop my fob from working?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links