Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights All On! !

toylexus

Hello all

Im driving a corolla 1.4 d4d 2005 T3. Was driving along the road yesterday and the ABS, power steering, engine management, brake explanation lights all came on at once and speedo stopped. Power steering was not working at all.

Anyone any ideas? I checked all fuses and fitted new Battery but no joy :crybaby:

i've heard something like this happen after the car was filled with petrol instead of diesel all the wiring got fried. but sounds like you need to get the car hooked up to the computer, sorry not very helpful.

If it's VSC and TC lights - Disconnect batter on either, side turn key fully in ignition, re connect battery, light off.

we dont have these lights or features on the car, thats mainly just the t-sports.

i have the same car as you toylexus but never had any issue like that.

did you by any chance as said above put petrol into it?

best thing to do is bring it to a garage and get it put on the computer, should cost much to to put it on the computer, but hopfully it wont need much or any work

Its went into auto electrican today, def no petrol put into it. Its showing a faulty brake light switch on the computer though he says that not whats causing all the lights to come on at once.

He reckons a major wire breakage somewhere and is doing further tests

The auto electrician has exhausted all avenues and has said its a programming fault in the brain. He spoke to a retired toyota technician who remembered that fault occuring on at least 6 cars but toyota are reluctant to do a recall now.

I phoned toyota to tell them what had happened and they wouldnt deny or admit there was a problem so its booked in with them on Wednesday.

:censor: According to Toyota the ABS unit has failed causing all the faults. Fitted at a cost of £925.00 :o. Beware all D4D owners

hah, that's not as bad as Mazda, they wanted £1650 for just the ABS pump for my Xedos 6.

I went to a scrappy and pulled one off a ford probe instead for a 10er :thumbsup:

I assume that you've had a diag plugin? Although, if the electrics are fried that's probably a bit useless anyway.

Did you not need to get it programmed through Mazda though Deepsky.

Brilliant saving if you didn't.

Nope. Turned out it just just a solenoid and the motor which had gone, of which Mazda don't sell separately... Even if they did they'd probably charge ridiculous prices for them!

All i did was swapped out the motor and replaced it onto my existing block and replaced the solenoid and tested the resistance of the others to make sure they were fine and everything was grand.

But yeah sometimes the ECU can get upset when messing about with ABS but t'was okay :)