Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsc And Trc Off

1stfamilyestate

My vehicle has done the same today its going into toyota on monday both VSC and TRC are staying on , i suspect the EGR as it will not rev or pull gets to about 40 MPH only and in second gear it gets slower. I am disabled and not been able to give car a long run over the past year, my wife drives it but not on long drives that is why i suspect the EGR. Due to my :wheelchair: disability i can not do any work on it as i use to do in the past, so its gotta go in to toyota's workshop.

If you lived closer to me I would have done the work for you for nothing mate. Sometimes the MAFF just needs cleaning with something like electical contact cleaner or what I used was someting called CRC if I remember rightly. Got it off eBay and its specially for cleaning the MAFF on a car. :thumbsup:

Thick lube....maybe a driveshaft joint? I thought gearbox oil was quite thin and usually quite clean cos it doesn't have to cope with the extreme temperatures the engine oil has to cope with. Starting to doubt my own mind now......

Gearbox oil has quite a strong smell compaired to engine lube. Also sometimes it can smell like cats wee if its been in the box for a long time. Not the nicest of smells, but an easy way to know if its gear oil.

Thick lube....maybe a driveshaft joint? I thought gearbox oil was quite thin and usually quite clean cos it doesn't have to cope with the extreme temperatures the engine oil has to cope with. Starting to doubt my own mind now......

Gearbox oil has quite a strong smell compaired to engine lube. Also sometimes it can smell like cats wee if its been in the box for a long time. Not the nicest of smells, but an easy way to know if its gear oil.

Yes i know the smell to well :thumbsup: but as said in my other post i am now disabled with a terminal illness, and my wife does most of my getting up and downs :D but she can not get to the area of the drip on the stone gaurd, useing a mirror i would say that the dripping oil has rested in the stone gaurd and has now started to leak to the outside and now visible on the gaurd and road surface on a four mile drive and parked up for a half hour it will leave a spot of oil the size of a 20p on the road, so the oil is thinker than engine oil i am thinking.

As you will see from my past post the engine has been removed for extensive work on it, before the work the car had no oil loss, so again i am thinking its down to some damage caused by the removal and should be covered "warrantee" on the work done only a month or so ago.

Thanks Mistermena for your off if you lived closer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my car went into the dealers today re the oil leak, i first notice this leak on the right hand side looking from the the front of the car dripping off the stone gaurd underneath after they did the pistons new cat ect, then thought gearbox oil, many thoughts ran through my mind after, was it oil spilt from the top up as it was not looseing any engine oil .

Anyway it seems an oil seal has gone on the drivers side and a new one is ordered for friday so i am now assuming the gearbox is on the drivers side, this leak was not there before the car went in for new pistons ect and i am hoping it will be covered as i think the engine removal caused this new leak.

What do you guys think ?

I had VSC, ABS lights come on and via this forum there was suggestion linked to rear stop lights. Checked these out and bulb blown changed bulb hey presto lights off on dash. Definatley not just lights on dash but system not working as cruise control did not work as linked to ABS. Funny way to have a rear bulb blown warning notification :blink: !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links