• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JGB

JGB

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: Landcruiser Amazon

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

I have recently bought a 2007 Lancruiser Amazon ( my second Amazon ) and whilst it is a great car, I do quite a few miles and woulld like to squeeze out a few more miles to the gallon. I have been told that it might be possible to chip the engine, but I would be interested to know the implications to my insurance and what real difference it might make . Any ideas ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bothwell_buyer

bothwell_buyer

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter
  • 7,895 posts
  • First Name:Ian
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: RAV4s, MR2s
  • Year: 1994

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

Welcome to the forum.

This section is not the best to post technical questions so best to post the same question in the cars section. Good luck!!

#3 Red Yaris 54

Red Yaris 54

Top Rank Poster!

• Super Moderator
  • 19,141 posts
  • First Name:Red
  • Toyota Model: New Yaris Sport Chilli Red with Piri-Piri Trim-Sons Aygo "Ice"
  • Year: 2014

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

Topic moved to 4X4 forum

#4 Mistermena

Mistermena

Death befor Disco!...

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • First Name:Taff
  • Toyota Model: Celica GT4 205 import
  • Year: 1995

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

I have recently bought a 2007 Lancruiser Amazon ( my second Amazon ) and whilst it is a great car, I do quite a few miles and woulld like to squeeze out a few more miles to the gallon. I have been told that it might be possible to chip the engine, but I would be interested to know the implications to my insurance and what real difference it might make . Any ideas ?

You can use a tuning box like the "Tunit" on I've got on my cars. What a difference it makes to power and mpg. Your insurance will go up a bit mind. But thats okay if you can pick up a box for 130 off Ebay rather than the normal price of 485 off Tunit :toast:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users