Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chipping An Amazon ?

JGB

I have recently bought a 2007 Lancruiser Amazon ( my second Amazon ) and whilst it is a great car, I do quite a few miles and woulld like to squeeze out a few more miles to the gallon. I have been told that it might be possible to chip the engine, but I would be interested to know the implications to my insurance and what real difference it might make . Any ideas ?

Welcome to the forum.

This section is not the best to post technical questions so best to post the same question in the cars section. Good luck!!

Topic moved to 4X4 forum

• 5 months later...

I have recently bought a 2007 Lancruiser Amazon ( my second Amazon ) and whilst it is a great car, I do quite a few miles and woulld like to squeeze out a few more miles to the gallon. I have been told that it might be possible to chip the engine, but I would be interested to know the implications to my insurance and what real difference it might make . Any ideas ?

You can use a tuning box like the "Tunit" on I've got on my cars. What a difference it makes to power and mpg. Your insurance will go up a bit mind. But thats okay if you can pick up a box for £130 off eBay rather than the normal price of £485 off Tunit :toast: