Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Valve Cleaning?

Rbdett

What colour of smoke? What's the diagnosis on the Mil light?

Every time I start it  there is some cloudy smoke comes out its not black it's more of a whitey  grey colour  it was the valve that showed  up on the computer 😣

OK. .the egr is a handy job to do.give it a clean and the port on the engine which the valve connect's to.reset the Mil and try that.

Thanks! Which  is  the best cleaning  stuff for  the egr valve? 

I got a second hand  one  today  at the scrap yard but not sure  if this is it lol

20160601_223114.jpg

Yes that a egr.I cleaned mine it a degrease and brake cleaner with old tooth brush.do the 1 from scrap yard and make sure the piston inside the valve moves.you can take the top off and clean/move it.and the original 1 can be cleaned and used if anything happens to the other 1.

• 5 months later...

Hi boys and girls. I have kept the egr valve clean on my 2007 2.2 diesel estate and am now upgrading to a new shape 2010 avensis estate, a 2 litre diesel. Is egr valve cleaning as straightforward on the newer model? Has anyone any engine bay pics? I can walk anyone through the old model before I let it go or even lend a hand to anyone Teesside based who has the older model. Cheers, Mike

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I decided to bite the bullet and clean the EGR valve on my 2006 Avensis 2.2 D4D, it's been a long overdue job.

I recorded what I did, hopefully it will someone else who, like me, hasn't tackled this before.

Cheers 

Matt

Nice 'how2' vid Matt. I would like to try and do my 2009 2.2 Dcat T180 but this EGR looks different to mine? is there a decent video/pics of a T27 dcat 'how2'?    Any pointers would be appreciated, many thanks, Nick

Hi Nick,

sorry I couldn't say for sure if your EGR valve is different to mine.

Matt

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi when i take my car on motorways for long drive engine and other lights go off but after few weeks they come back. i feel that if i frequently drive on motorways i will not have this problem of check VSC system

Hi I get same problems just reset lights with code reader 

• 3 months later...

Hi, I know this is an old post.  I haven't seen anything about 2005 T25 D4D 2.0 litre EGR cooler pipe removal and clean.  I believe the cooler pipe is the one I have high lighted in the photo which is located behind the engine. 

I have many times cleaned the egr valve and now the throttle body and inlet manifold but not getting the power thats I used to.  The filters and fuel pump SCV have been changed too.  I have seen on many occasions this large diamter pipe being really hot.  I wasn't aware that it was the EGR cooling pipe.  I thought it was something to do with turbo.

If anyone has tackled this before It would be great help on how  It can be remove and cleaned.

Thanks in Advance

Cooler Pipe_Highlighted.jpg