Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muslim Prejudice

oakridge

When in Rome...

It's an interesting philosophical question. Is it possible to be a member of a religion and not be prejudiced?

If you believe that the tenets of your religion are handed down from God, then they cannot be wrong and anyone who believes otherwise must be wrong. What is more, only those who believe what you believe will be "saved". It is therefore your clear duty to convert everyone to your belief and to save them from eternal damnation.

If you truly believe in your religion (it is a matter of faith) you cannot entertain the thought that an alternative view is possible and so it is impossible to have a meaningful discussion about it with anyone from outside your faith.

That sounds like a pretty fair definition of prejudice to me.

Something along the lines that both Germany and the Allies had God on their side between 1939 and 1945 you mean??

afterthought, us lot on here can't have much prejudice, we all drive Japanese cars!! :yahoo:

A religião muitas vezes é a causa da guerra ..... proibição de religião! :thumbsup:

I have nothing against religion, but i do not support or believe in it.

Everyone has the right to their own beliefs, but has no right to force it on others.

If you have a faith and move to a country with another faith, put up with it or go home.

A religião muitas vezes é a causa da guerra ..... proibição de religião! :thumbsup:

Where have I seen that phrase before.... :D

"When in Rome... "

A fine sentiment if all Romes are equal but some Romes believe that they are more equal than others. It seems to me to be the height of hypocrasy to use the freedoms and tolerance of one Rome in order to castigate the same when failing to appreciate the intolerance of your own Rome. Or, to quote the Bible again: "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Malcolm

"When in Rome... "

A fine sentiment if all Romes are equal but some Romes believe that they are more equal than others. It seems to me to be the height of hypocrasy to use the freedoms and tolerance of one Rome in order to castigate the same when failing to appreciate the intolerance of your own Rome. Or, to quote the Bible again: "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Malcolm

I have a cunning plan...

Lets all become Jewish :thumbsup:

It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says "To whom it may concern."

Anonymous Belfast resident, quoted in London Guardian, 1991

Kingo :thumbsup:

It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me. It's the one that says "To whom it may concern."

Anonymous Belfast resident, quoted in London Guardian, 1991

Kingo :thumbsup:

Is that a Bullet point ? :lol:

I believe everybody in the world should have guns. Citizens should have bazookas and rocket launchers too. I believe that all citizens should have their weapons of choice. However, I also believe that only I should have the ammunition. Because frankly, I wouldn't trust the rest of the goobers with anything more dangerous than string.

~Scott Adams

If you believe that the tenets of your religion are handed down from God, then they cannot be wrong and anyone who believes otherwise must be wrong.
They may be handed down from an omnipotent being but they are translated and interpreted by people. If you were of a certain faith at a certain time in history then the head of your religion would have told you the Earth was flat and the centre of the universe. If you contradicted this "fact" then you were punished. Fast forward to the same religion and and different time in history, now the Earth is round and the Sun is the centre of the universe and if you believe different there must be something wrong with you.

The same is true of many religious beliefs. Some change and the religion continues, other beliefs people cannot put up with so they set up a new branch of the same faith with their own spin to suit what they want to believe. Sometimes these new beliefs are adopted by many and sometimes they just get a TV channel in the US.

As long as you are not harming other people you can believe what you want. There are so many religions with "Thou shall not kill" as a basic rule but yet every army has religious representatives in the ranks.

Many fear what they do not understand or cannot comprehend.

Where have I seen that phrase before.... :D

You have to admit.... it does make sense :yes: