Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles From A Tank?

ChillAygo

The most I have got from a tank is around 360 with 2 bars left. I do a 80 mile motorway round trip a day and average 54mpg. I see on here that some people manage 450 miles a tank. I find this hard to believe!

The most I have got from a tank is around 360 with 2 bars left. I do a 80 mile motorway round trip a day and average 54mpg. I see on here that some people manage 450 miles a tank. I find this hard to believe!

Well you've kind of answered your own query there - you get 360 with 2 bars left. I managed 490 miles on a tank in the Autumn, and get 450 from a tank fairly regularly. With two bars left, you're not emptying the tank. I only have a 30 mile motorway daily round trip, travelling between 60 and 70mph (I try to keep it down to 60 as much as possible, though). And there's a good bit of urban driving on top of that.

I am sorry but I cant believe that you get 450 miles from a tank! Even at 360 miles with 2 bars left the most I will get is around 400!

We easily got 450 from our last Aygo, we even got 546 out of it once before we bottled it and put some fuel in (Probably not good for you fuel filter anyway dragging all the crud from the bottom of the tank).

We're still running in the new one, on it's first full tank, but only got 80 from the first bar so won't be hitting 450 this time.

I am sorry but I cant believe that you get 450 miles from a tank! Even at 360 miles with 2 bars left the most I will get is around 400!

Well I am sorry but I can't believe you're being so stubborn with this whole matter! You're basically accusing us of lying. I have proof that I get 450 miles from a tank thank you very much, and I'll prove it again next time I fill up. More than 400 miles is easily possible! Perhaps you don't drive economically enough.

We easily got 450 from our last Aygo, we even got 546 out of it once before we bottled it and put some fuel in (Probably not good for you fuel filter anyway dragging all the crud from the bottom of the tank).

We're still running in the new one, on it's first full tank, but only got 80 from the first bar so won't be hitting 450 this time.

Wow! 546 is pretty impressive! As I've said in this topic, I managed 490 (I think it was 493 to be precise) before I chickened out. When the light starts flashing über-quickly it starts to get a bit scary, thinking the car's going to jolt to a halt any minute! The day I manage 500 miles from a tank will be a good one for me! Then again, I might never manage that :P

The Aygo's fuel tank is at least 8.4 gallons (that's the most I've even got in it) which at 60mpg (which is achievable on a decent run) is 504 miles, so it is entirely feasible!

I used to get around 420 miles out of a tank, but the new one's struggling to get over 360 so I'm hoping the engine and transmission will loosen up a little before too long.

We get around 220/250 from half a tank on the Aygo and never let it go below that...

Pfft, get a diesel Yaris. You can get better than that without even trying :D

(Ahhh, if only they'd used Toyota's 1.4 diesel engine instead of that crappy Peugeot one in the diesel Aygo! You'd probably be able to hit 80mpg! Hmm... I wonder how hard it would be to do an engine swap..)

I have got 409 with two bars left so it could be done. How many should you get from the first bar to get over 500 as I have a very easy journey to work and I'm also very careful? Use to get 61mpg from the C1 but the new Aygo is on 55mpg but hoping this will improve.

Well the most i have ever done is 416 miles, but with 2 bars left on the fuel gauge, so i think it is perfectly likely to get 450+ miles from a tank.

Personally I have never had less than 2 bars of fuel left and regularly get over 400 miles before filling up!

Pfft, get a diesel Yaris. You can get better than that without even trying :D

(Ahhh, if only they'd used Toyota's 1.4 diesel engine instead of that crappy Peugeot one in the diesel Aygo! You'd probably be able to hit 80mpg! Hmm... I wonder how hard it would be to do an engine swap..)

I know people who get between 75 and 83 mpg out of their diesel Citroen C1s.

Why do we keep getting Yaris owners on these forums. Is it because they are not happy with there cars maybe? As I said in a previous posting, if your gonna buy a Yaris you should think twice as u can get a lot more for your money from other makes.

Why do we keep getting Yaris owners on these forums. Is it because they are not happy with there cars maybe? As I said in a previous posting, if your gonna buy a Yaris you should think twice as u can get a lot more for your money from other makes.

We probably get Yaris owners on these forums 'cos they are Toyota owners!

As for why do they buy a Yaris... Probably for the same reason some people buy fords or vauxhalls....

:yahoo:

I think it's just me... most of the usual Yaris owners seem quite quiet lately and I feel lonely :(

The ice seems to have claimed a few too; Aygo deffo handles better in the snow!

Anyway, it's always nice to see what our miniature counterparts are doing :P :lol:

I think it's just me... most of the usual Yaris owners seem quite quiet lately and I feel lonely :(

The ice seems to have claimed a few too; Aygo deffo handles better in the snow!

Anyway, it's always nice to see what our miniature counterparts are doing :P :lol:

Cyker mate, I'm happy to chat to Yaris owners, my Bro-in-law has one - not sure what size engine, but he's happy enuf with it.

Any sensible comments are surely welcome on these forums, regardless of who posts them - as long as they are from owners of Mr T's amazing horseless carriages of course :thumbsup:

I get 48 mpg but I only do very short, stop/start runs to work / supermarket.

I never empty the fuel tank, I always fill up after 250 miles on the trip meter.

Gotta ask. Why did you trade in your old Aygo for a new Go. Do you notice any differences in the old Aygo to new? Is the new on quieter?

My partner and I have chatted a lot about the differences.

The main reason for trading in was we really like white cars... but also as we can't justify just buying a new car because of the colour our '08 Aygo had damage on the drivers side door and rear bumper. Jamie paid good money to get it fixed and we trusted a local bodyshop, believing it's better to support the little guy, only to have the lacquer peeling off a year down the line. They also offered 5 years warranty on the Go! and 3 years free servicing, they also offered an additional £500 on top of the value of our part-ex (all part of their January sale thing, well apart from the 5 year warranty, that's standard Toyota policy now).

The doors on the Go are heavier. We believe this is because there is more sound-deadening in the door. We noticed that the road noise is reduced when driving, and the sound system is much better (though I really miss not having Speakers in the back). Then engine is quieter but that may be due to the fact they over-fill them with oil from the factory to account for usage during the running-inn process, and the distinct possibility that the new driver won't check the oil level.

It is generally more pleasant to drive, but friends and relatives say it's just like the last one. Basically we couldn't fault our last Aygo at all, it served us very well and I feel guilty about getting rid of it, but the Go is just as good if not a little better.

Go - Excellent intergration with iPod and USB devices for music

- Quieter on the roads - less road noise

- Initially a quieter engine

- Better Speakers than the Mk1

On the downside

- To use the iPod and USB you need to have the satnav in. You find yourself deciding whether a short journey is worth it, as you'll have to take the satnav out at the other end to stop ubiks trying to steal it.

- All the Speakers are up front - I love my music, I even built a competition sound-off car, having all the sound in front of you is a little bit weird when you're not used to it

- The plugs for the heated rear window rattle, and though it is not loud, its enough to ***** you off on short trips haha

- As with the Mk1 you can't turn the bass up higher than +2 without vibrations, but there's nothing to stop you buying a subwoofer for it if that's what you want from your Aygo.

I hope that answers your question, it's something I've been thinking about since I picked the car up.

My partner and I have chatted a lot about the differences.

The main reason for trading in was we really like white cars... but also as we can't justify just buying a new car because of the colour our '08 Aygo had damage on the drivers side door and rear bumper. Jamie paid good money to get it fixed and we trusted a local bodyshop, believing it's better to support the little guy, only to have the lacquer peeling off a year down the line. They also offered 5 years warranty on the Go! and 3 years free servicing, they also offered an additional £500 on top of the value of our part-ex (all part of their January sale thing, well apart from the 5 year warranty, that's standard Toyota policy now).

The doors on the Go are heavier. We believe this is because there is more sound-deadening in the door. We noticed that the road noise is reduced when driving, and the sound system is much better (though I really miss not having speakers in the back). Then engine is quieter but that may be due to the fact they over-fill them with oil from the factory to account for usage during the running-inn process, and the distinct possibility that the new driver won't check the oil level.

It is generally more pleasant to drive, but friends and relatives say it's just like the last one. Basically we couldn't fault our last Aygo at all, it served us very well and I feel guilty about getting rid of it, but the Go is just as good if not a little better.

Go - Excellent intergration with iPod and USB devices for music

- Quieter on the roads - less road noise

- Initially a quieter engine

- Better speakers than the Mk1

On the downside

- To use the iPod and USB you need to have the satnav in. You find yourself deciding whether a short journey is worth it, as you'll have to take the satnav out at the other end to stop ubiks trying to steal it.

- All the speakers are up front - I love my music, I even built a competition sound-off car, having all the sound in front of you is a little bit weird when you're not used to it

- The plugs for the heated rear window rattle, and though it is not loud, its enough to ***** you off on short trips haha

- As with the Mk1 you can't turn the bass up higher than +2 without vibrations, but there's nothing to stop you buying a subwoofer for it if that's what you want from your Aygo.

I hope that answers your question, it's something I've been thinking about since I picked the car up.

Wow! What a fantastic write up. Thank you for your contribution. I absolutely love white cars too. I ve never owned one before. I ve always bought metallic colours in most of my driven career, and I ve owned 8 cars. Currently I own a 2007 Aygo Blue which is a darker shade of blue to the "sky" blue paint jobs that go around.

Youre reply answers more than enough. I have noticed Toyota have increased sound proofing in their facelifted Aygos. I believe they are replacing the Aygo in 2012 for a larger model. Its interesting to see how these little cars evolve.

I ve seen some pics of the Go and the fabric on the new cars looks better of quality. I d love to have a white Aygo. Maybe one day. Swap ya if you like? lol

500 miles would be a piece of cake for me i get 400miles with two bars (Averaging 61mpg) left but im not going to try this as i never let any car go below 1/4 if poss and last car i had Avensis for 11yrs never dipped below 1/4 once.

• 2 years later...

Hi ! I'm new and I got almost 100 miles before 1st bar goes then same again for 2nd but after that it seems to go down faster. Worked out at 53.3 mpg on my commute. What is the max anyone has put in their tank? The tank is 35L they say and I put 34.78L... How many litres in reserve then? Less than 5L ? When I filled up again I put 34.5L in... Eeek !!!