Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Toyota 2.0 4D-D

beresfc

Gents,

I have owned a 2005 Toyota 2.0 4d-D from new. The mileage is currently 110k. The only problem todate was the EGR valve at 90k.

I was wondering what mileage have owners got from this model. I am considering whether to replace the car or run it for another year. I average 20k per year.

I'd be interested in your views.

Regards

Colin

hi colin what was the symptons for your egr prob as i have a 05 model and am having power cuts were it just goes in2 limp mode have 2 restart it ,looking 4 answers at this point to what the prob is cheers john

I am considering whether to replace the car or run it for another year. I average 20k per year.

I'd be interested in your views.

a new car gets you 5 years/100K of warranty cover.

Given that when modern turbodiesels go wrong they go wrong big style (& £1000s of repairs) it's worth thinking about.

hi colin what was the symptons for your egr prob as i have a 05 model and am having power cuts were it just goes in2 limp mode have 2 restart it ,looking 4 answers at this point to what the prob is cheers john

Symptoms just like a misfire - suddenly loosing power then it would pick up.

Regards

Colin

115k miles with only 1 fault? If only my 1st wife was that reliable! Keep the faith, the car has been loyal and you know its a good one. Unless you buy new (and swallow the several thousand pounds depreciation cost) then you are swapping your super reliable car for someone elses with no idea how reliable it has been.

I'm at 189000 miles on a 04 D4D. There is a slight problem where the car intermittently dies on idle. Engine management light has come on once or twice.

I did about 100k of those miles, over the last three years. I'm hoping the problem isn't the injectors!

I've just had EGR changed at 120,000. I'm hoping that the injectors will be OK and I'm trying to help on this front by using Shell V-power Diesel as there are cleaners etc to keep deposits down.

Statement from Shell sent to me:-

"V-Power diesel has been available in the UK since 2007. Shell

V-Power diesel is the first and only performance fuel to incorporate

the revolutionary GTL (Gas-To-Liquids) technology. This special

ingredient, synthesized from natural gas, has outstanding cetane

quality and exceptional purity for clean and efficient combustion.

With its unique formulation, Shell V-Power Diesel is designed to

remove and help prevent engine deposits, to help diesel engines

continuously deliver an improved driving experience. Shell V-Power

diesel has a guaranteed cetane rating of 51 and can be used safely in

any car that runs on conventional diesel."

I've used it from new and do about 30-35,000 miles a year. Get an improved performance as well with my T180.

I've just had EGR changed at 120,000. I'm hoping that the injectors will be OK and I'm trying to help on this front by using Shell V-power Diesel as there are cleaners etc to keep deposits down.

I've used it from new and do about 30-35,000 miles a year. Get an improved performance as well with my T180.

Thats a good bit of info on the V-Power Diesel. I've always used it as it was featured in a special report by the "Which Report" which said that it also had double the detergent additives as normal Shell. Some Millers Diesel clean helps I find, but even better is Forte and BG244 which is amazing stuff :thumbsup:

Thats a good bit of info on the V-Power Diesel. I've always used it as it was featured in a special report by the "Which Report" which said that it also had double the detergent additives as normal Shell. Some Millers Diesel clean helps I find, but even better is Forte and BG244 which is amazing stuff :thumbsup:

Gents,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm still pondering this. I will be looking round for a newish Avensis and if I see a good one I'll probably buy and sell the old one.

Regards

Colin

Gents,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm still pondering this. I will be looking round for a newish Avensis and if I see a good one I'll probably buy and sell the old one.

Regards

Colin

if your worried about injectors going then surely the money lost in changing the car is going to me more than replacing the injectors,anyway you can have them serviced at the many diesel injection specailist around for a lot less than buying new.remember 2 old true sayings...better a devil you know,and out of the pot and into the frying pan.i would keep running the old one for now anyway.meet any trouble halfway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links