Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Me

ipman

Hi all. I am new here. Born, raised and currently living in Romania, owning an 2007 red Auris. The color was my wife's choice, I care less about color.

It's a 1.6 liter dual VVTi, sold here as "Sol" level of options.

It did not seen frequent use, just 7300km in 3 years.

Just a quick questions, not being familiar with other countries expressions: what means "plate" as in "I have a 57 plate Auris"?

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

'plate' - in the UK now the registration plate gives the year of registration. 59 plate indicates the vehicle was registered between september 2009 and the end of February 2010, it then changed to 10 for march 2010 until august 2010 when it changed to 60.

Therefore my wifes Aygo was first registered in June 2010 and is a '10 plate', my Prius was first registered in September 2010 and has a 60 plate. This will change in March this year to 11 and in September to 61 for new registrations. This way, it is possible to tell at a glance when a car was first registered within a 6 month period unless it has a 'personal' plate..

The format is two letters, two figures, three letters, the first two letters indicating the registrarion area, the figures indicate as above, and finally 3 random unused letters.

Therefore a car with a plate LB10ABC will have been rwgistered in London between March and August 2010

hope this explains it...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links