Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota 5 Year Warranty

speedwaydthom

Back in May last year, I was persuaded by a very impressive media campaign to change my car from an Audi estate to a new Toyota Avensis Estate which I acquired in June. Key to that decision was the very clear marketing of a 5 year Toyota warranty. Having incurred a number of expensive out of warranty costs on my Audi, this was very important. At the time I acquired my new Toyota, I was informed that the warranty literature supporting the 5 year warranty was not available, although I was provided with a booklet for the previous 3 year warranty which accompanied new Toyota cars. I also received a 5 year warranty certificate defining the warranty period as 5 years, full stop.

Imagine my astonishment when I received a letter from both the Marketing Director and Director, Customer Sevices enclosing a booklet which clearly changes by interpretation the marketing which was done last year by restricting the exterior body panel/surface rust/paintwork to 3 years!

Before I commit pen to paper and reply to this letter, I would be very interested the views of other Toyota owners who may have received a similar letter.

Exterior paintwork has always been 3 years, body perforation from inside is 12 years :thumbsup:

Back in May last year, I was persuaded by a very impressive media campaign to change my car from an Audi estate to a new Toyota Avensis Estate which I acquired in June. Key to that decision was the very clear marketing of a 5 year Toyota warranty. Having incurred a number of expensive out of warranty costs on my Audi, this was very important. At the time I acquired my new Toyota, I was informed that the warranty literature supporting the 5 year warranty was not available, although I was provided with a booklet for the previous 3 year warranty which accompanied new Toyota cars. I also received a 5 year warranty certificate defining the warranty period as 5 years, full stop.

Imagine my astonishment when I received a letter from both the Marketing Director and Director, Customer Sevices enclosing a booklet which clearly changes by interpretation the marketing which was done last year by restricting the exterior body panel/surface rust/paintwork to 3 years!

Before I commit pen to paper and reply to this letter, I would be very interested the views of other Toyota owners who may have received a similar letter.

also brakes arnt covered for certain faults after about 18 months.considered consumables.

yes got my booklet through this week but to be honest did not really read properly such is my confidence in toyota and my dealership that i honestly believe any issues will be dealt with fairly (perhaps i am naive)

i normally change my car fairly often but with the recession biting deep maybe i should pay more attention.

If you are worried about the warranty just wait till you get it serviced, 'then you will have something to complain about. :rolleyes:

See my post below Time To Get Rid Of My 2009 Avensis Tourer

Mike

They didn't even give us a 5 year warranty in Ireland, I wonder if they send their lower quality cars here?