Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Tom Tom Ipod Connect

Road Runner

Yes, the ipod accessory is indeed mentioned in the catalogue and i agree that this should be looked at closely by anyone buying a car. However, my dealer clearly kept away from discussing anything about optional accessories while arranging the purchase which i found quite interesting. I ordered my car with the protection pack (an option i knew about without reading the book) but i had to go out of my way to ensure it was added to the order. Anyway, the car is great and lessons learnt for future.

Hi - I collected my new Yaris TSpirit on Monday last week and I also have the same problem with connecting my Ipod. When I try to connect using the original ipod cable it states "External USB device is not supported". I have checked the manual and I think it depends on what pod you have although the link provided which should show ipod compatability doesn't appear to work. I have an Ipod Touch 3rd generation so would that thought that should be compatable. On the upside I have managed to connect by Iphone to the tom tom and download my phone contacts. I will do some further investigation and let you know if I find out anything, likewise if you come up with a solution can you please let me know.

Thanks

Hi I have the same car and the same problem (after being assured by the salesman the system was full ready for ipod). I have also contacted Fujitsu Ten (Eclipse) and they have given me a contact in the usa called Mitocorp. These people have the IPC-409 leads in stock at a cost of $34.99 plus shipping. Now that I have looked at the full installation guide for tthe TNS410 I'm not sure this eclipse lead will work without modification.

The Correct Toyota part number is PZ422-E0332-00 and consists of 2 simple leads, 1 to conect to the head unit conection block (the one supporting the usb already installed) and this then fixes behind the dash and terminates at the passenger glove box. The 2nd shorter lead connects to the 1st lead and is fed into the glove box and connects to the Ipod. I have been quoted around £170 which is OTT even if it may include fitting. An additional cost I don't want to pay as I was told by the salesman the unit would support my Ipod.

Hope this helps, interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks, this is really useful but I begrudge paying out extra money to get my ipod to work so I have decided to go down the memory stick route, although having to wait for the tom tom to scan the memory stick and download the music does take a long time and as it doesn't store on the tom tom is something that happens everytime you switch on the car which is a real pain. I have added my favourite tunes on to a rewritable cd and tend to use that if I am going on a shorter journey as it is quicker although it does irritate me that I cannot just plug by Ipod in with the original cable and play my tunes. It is not obvious that you need a Ipod integration kit and the Sales Men don't tell you that either!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I too have recently picked up my new Yaris SR, which I was led to believe that the TNS410 would play my ipod.

I was very disapointed to find out that it didn't and the leads would cost £218 to fit. My dealer did sugest the IPC409 leads for the AVN4429, but after contacting Eclipse in Germany myself, they do not advise using these leads. They advise using the PZ422-E0332-00 which I got quoted £156.00 + VAT as a spare from Toyota.

So after some HEATED talks with my Toyota dealer (especially after they advised me to drill holes in my glove box, rip out my stereo and fit some leads that wouldn't work), they have now installed the correct Toyota IPOD leads for FREE and now my TNS410 will play my Ipod, a USB stick and also the aux input.

So if you were like me, very disapointed with this feature not being present, complain, complain, complain.

Toyota need to sort this out and include the leads or at least make it clear in their literature that these leads are an option.

• 1 month later...

It's funny 'cos my Yaris SR (bought nearly 3 years ago now) they made it very clear about the extra cable needed...shame they seem to have taken a step back.

Does anyone else have the issue when loading songs on a USB stick that they are all in alphabetical order rather than playing them in the correct order? I'm sure it didn't happen when I first used it?! Any tips?

My first post (I think) btw so I'm sorry if this has been asked before!

• 7 months later...

Got the Ipod working in a Toyota, Yaris with a TomTom Satnav unit.

Tried to connect an iPod through the USB port on the front of the TomTom Satnav. It didn't work. To cut a long story short, I bought the appropriate cable to connect the iPod to the TomTom. Thought it was very expensive.

Then found out it needed fitting, that was way outside my DIY expertise, the Toyota dealer wanted an arm and a leg to fit it, so took it to an independent fitter.

[Autosound, Peterborough 01733 554407] Please note I have NO affiliation with this company at all.

They fitted the cable, it didn't work, they discovered that to make it work you need to disconnect the power supply to the unit, then power up again. And hey bingo! It works. Just like re-booting a computer. Very, very pleased with Autosound. Thanks guys.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links