Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Or Avensis

Benjie

Hi guys

I am in the process of changing my tired Carina E 1.8 leanburn, which has been in the wars, it has been so reliable. Am looking at pre vvt avensis' and understand that they use the same engine as the carina e, does that mean that underneath it is essentially a Carina e without the horrid steering rack woes? It would also mean I have a whole load of engine spares i.e sensors etc?

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Hi guys

I am in the process of changing my tired Carina E 1.8 leanburn, which has been in the wars, it has been so reliable. Am looking at pre vvt avensis' and understand that they use the same engine as the carina e, does that mean that underneath it is essentially a Carina e without the horrid steering rack woes? It would also mean I have a whole load of engine spares i.e sensors etc?

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Hi mate, go for it, the pre-vvti Avensis you are looking to buy (providing it has been well maintained) is as good as a Carina sharing most of the running gear ..... two of the best cars ever made in my opinion.:yes:

Regards Pete.

Hi - I agree with Pete. I've got a 1998 1.8 (7A-FE) Avensis auto. Great car. No problems in the last 5 years/50,000 miles. Basically the same underneath as the Carina.

Agree with both above, I also had a 98 1.8 Avensis and still rue the day in 2001 when I p/xd it for a Corolla! I do have to say though that I did have a steering rack problem with it, which was replaced under warranty.

Thanks, yeh I think ill go for it...i hate buying cars, always a gamble when youre poor!

We've all been there mate!

I had 2 carina e's, followed by two Avensis and then one of the new shape Avensis, never had a moments problem wih any of them...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links