Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1215

Mitch Dale

I have a 2003 Diesel Rav 4 95,000 miles and was after any help!

Following a problem with its gearbox (had a new gearbox and clutch!) it immediately developed an engine malfunction generally on a daily basis.

The garage took it back in and determined the fault as P1215 and looked at all sorts of earth connections etc.

It still happens and of course cuts the power down but is cleared by switching the ignition on and off. Though, not great!

It is very annoying and the garage has looked into the problem but unfortunately can only come back with a number of further possible solutions ranging from a couple of hundred quid to a lot for a new EDU?

Anybody else had this issue and how was it resolved?

Is there a further option of switching off the light?? Though i assume that this is not recommended!

I did thanks very much and rang the garage. Unfortunately the garage had read the same thread and had already done exactly that but to no avail.

Many thanks anyway.

I was told 1215. But maybe it is 1251? What would a 1251 fault mean?

Turbo overboost.

It causes the engine to go into limp mode and is sometimes provoked by the valves or pipes to the VSV are disturbed when the gearbox is disturbed. I have never heard of a EDU going - they are just guessing.

• 1 month later...

I was told 1215. But maybe it is 1251? What would a 1251 fault mean?

Turbo overboost.

It causes the engine to go into limp mode and is sometimes provoked by the valves or pipes to the VSV are disturbed when the gearbox is disturbed. I have never heard of a EDU going - they are just guessing.

My RAV4 has just been diagnose with this problem today P1251, any suggestion on how and which part to replace? thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links