Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rhd To Lhd Rear Lights For Aygo

chriskl_2355

it is possible to convert to lhd from rhd back lights without spending money i could not find this info any ware i was thinking this info might help some one els

the front ones need to be changed

my car ia a 2008 aygo platinum

1 take light unit from the car

2 take off the back plate with the bulbs in being carefull not to break the clips

3 remove the red bulb cover from the fog light lens and the slightly blue cover that is in the reversing light lense units and swop these over

4 file or cut the edge of the bulb covers to allow the peg in the lens to locate in the new position in the oposit unit and then push both bulb covers in the lenses.

5 refit the lens bulb back plate with the bulbs back into the lens

6 refit complete assenbley

7 refit the plugs into the lights

8 switch the cables fron the reversing light and the fog light job done

I can understand the need to change the headlights so they dip to the right, but the rear lights????

I can understand the need to change the headlights so they dip to the right, but the rear lights????

If driving on the continent our rear fog light would effectively be on the wrong side :huh:

If driving on the continent our rear fog light would effectively be on the wrong side :huh:

So that would matter? Some cars have one each side anyway? Or is that another of those EU regs that we abide by but no one else does :thumbsup:

I think it would matter if the car was to be outside of the UK for a reasonable period of time. The fog-light must be on the driver's side.

I take your point about us sticking to the rules and other not bothering.... it annoys me too :thumbsup:

I think it would matter if the car was to be outside of the UK for a reasonable period of time. The fog-light must be on the driver's side.

I take your point about us sticking to the rules and other not bothering.... it annoys me too :thumbsup:

Lol the fog light would be on the drivers side, unless the OP is going to move the steering wheel as well :yahoo:

Lol the fog light would be on the drivers side, unless the OP is going to move the steering wheel as well :yahoo:

Well I knew what I bloody well meant. :rolleyes:

Well I knew what I !Removed! well meant. :rolleyes:

Lol, sorry-being silly. But surely if the op is only going temporily it wouldn't matter, going by the state of some uk reg cars i've seen in Spain, the fuzz down there dont care either!,

Well I knew what I bloody well meant. :rolleyes:

Lol, sorry-being silly. But surely if the op is only going temporily it wouldn't matter, going by the state of some uk reg cars i've seen in Spain, the fuzz down there dont care either!,

You are correct of course.... I am rather over cautious because I just know that if I was to drive for more than a mile without my car being totally legal some police officer would find cause to stop me :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links