Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Landcruiser Invincible Specs?

Elenar

Hello guys

Ahh, the pain! AT the height of the recession, I sold my beloved Landcruiser! Early 2009, financial issues - I had to! My heart breaks daily, whenever I see a Cruiser!!

BUT, things are starting to look up. We've worked hard, gotten some financial margin and I can finally look forward to getting a new Landcruiser in the near future - hopefully July.

TO MY QUESTION THEN

I had a 2003 LC4. I am hoping to get an LC5 or Invincible. I saw a few obscure pics here and there, that shows the Invincible has radio controls on the steering wheel?

How much better is the Invincible spec than the LC4 or LC5? I have tried to get hold of a brochure, but have been unsuccessful. The search forum results haven't been productive either!

Is it worth the extra for an LC5 or Invincible over an LC4?

I had an Invincible and loved the lazy effertless driving style, the reason for selling it was because our beloved :yucky: government has, in my opinion, basically priced this type of car off the road :censor:

As far as I can recall the Invincible is based on the LC4 and the engine is chipped to raise it from around 165bhp to 201bhp, it was far nicer to have that extra power.

However, if you can afford a LC5 then of course you should go for it as the interior is far better appointed.... go for it as I am sure you will love it :thumbsup:

There were three models of invincible.

Only the first model had the engine upgrade (from 164 to 200 BHP). By the time the second and third models came out the 173BHP (Euro IV) engine was out and they didn't increase the power.

First models were based on the LC4, final models were LC5 with a few extras (tinted glass etc).

First Edition: June 2006, 201 BHP

5-door, 8-seat Land Cruiser Invincible from June 2006 has Toyota's 3.0-litre D-4D engine and five-speed automatic transmission with more power and torque. Output increased from 164 to 201bhp (166 to 204 DINhp) and torque from 410 to 470Nm, giving stronger load-pulling and off-road driving ability and more flexible and comfortable on-road performance. 0 to 62mph down from 11.2 to 10.8 seconds. Top speed, fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions unchanged at 109mph, 31.4mpg (combined cycle) and 243g/km. Dark tinted rear privacy glass and dedicated 'Invincible' badging. Spare under the vehicle, instead of the tailgate. 500 are available, priced on-the-road at £34,565.

Second Edition: May 2007, 173 BHP

Invincible top of the range 8-seater from May 2007 has Sequoia leather seats, full-map satnav, dual zone climate control, electric heated front seats, plus rear privacy glass and DVD player with two headrest mounted screens. £38,495 (£500 more than LC5).

Third Edition: October 2007, 173 BHP

From October 2007 Invincible replaced LC5 as top of the range model. Standard specification includes bluetooth, rear parking monitor, black wood trim inserts, a leather and wood multi-function steering wheel, privacy glass and dark-finish headlamps, grille and alloy wheels. Available with 3.0 D-4D diesel and 4.0 VVT-i petrol engines. Spec also includes 17-inch alloy wheels, full-map satellite navigation with Electronic Traffic Avoidance, Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension (TEMS), nine-speaker sound system with six-disc CD changer and dual-zone climate control with independent front and rear controls.

I found that most Toyota dealers don't seem to know the three editions. And even saw one dealer trying to sell an LC4 to which someone has fitted tints and a power chip as an official invincible - I turned it down because it would have cost me so much extra to insure.

Some first editions didn't get registered until about Mar 2007. You can put the license plate into the DVLA license fee site to check which you have - a 201 BHP model gives 243g and a 173 BHP model gives 238g.