Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cost To Fill The Tank...

Dizeee

How much does it cost you to fill your tank full from empty?

I haven't done it yet but am going to have to tommorow, I anticipate it costing around £40...

I am getting 45mpg but seem to have only managed 250 odd miles on a full tank. Thats less than half what Toyota claim.

It depends what you fill in!

Diesel, Petrol, Super, Premium, ...

the new E10 or the E5 ......

The tank has a capacity of 32Liter. :rolleyes: From 34Liter filling there will be a see around your shoes :boxed:

Word of advise 2bars is the lowest you want to go if your iQ has a simular engine to my aygo it will have a 3way catalic converter which could get damage through miss fire which can be caused by running out of fuel or jump starting im not trying to worry you but it is a very bad practise to run tank till it flashes as these only work on average fuel left! If you want to no what your mpg is you dont need to use a full tank simply fill tank to rim then reset trip meter then run down to two bars at least then fill up again AT SAME GARAGE then keep receipt and note down trip meter mileage reading. When you get home with a caculater punch in the amount of liters then divide into 4.5 write this number down it may say 5.55555556 or somthing simular use 5.5 this is the figure you use with the mileage example me today- 365miles/ 27liters /27divide into 4.5 =6 gallons/ 365divide into 6 =60.8333333333 anyway to make it easier only take note of 60 not the .8333333333 this is a very close figure to what your car is doing mpg. Sorry if this bored you. 60mpg is my weelky average for the last 3 weeks 45mpg is a bit low for a iQ

Costs me over £50 in diesel to fill my ickle Yaris up now! :crybaby:

When I bought the car 2 years ago it was less than £40 for the same amount of fuel!!

Hi,

I fill mine up every Sunday afternoon i put between £20 and £25 a week in it, I always fill it to the brim so its easy to work out how many MPH my car is doing (as explained by Harrypotter before).

90% of my driving is motorway from Chorley to Manchester every day, I travel their at 6am and back at 4pm so the traffic is quite quiet, and I keep my speed at around 60mph so not to get in the way of any Heavy goods vehicles.

Because of this I always average around 68mph without fail.

I filled mine up today (58 plate) and it was flashing on one bar. It cost £34 to fill and I had managed 260 miles on a full tank of fuel. I have been driving very sedately over that time and the average MPG was at 46 during that tank.

I have no idea what hat equates to on terms of MPG. A friend who has one says they have to keep filling it up as the tank is so small.

I also notice that the tank remains full until 110 miles, then it starts to plummet very quickly. I lost 3 whole bars over around 40 miles. It all seems to work out as I would expect though, but it is nowhere near the 450 miles Toyota claim you can get from a tank.

Hi,

I fill mine up every Sunday afternoon i put between £20 and £25 a week in it, I always fill it to the brim so its easy to work out how many MPH my car is doing (as explained by Harrypotter before).

90% of my driving is motorway from Chorley to Manchester every day, I travel their at 6am and back at 4pm so the traffic is quite quiet, and I keep my speed at around 60mph so not to get in the way of any Heavy goods vehicles.

Because of this I always average around 68mph without fail.

I think you mean "g" rather than "h" in mph.

I have a keyboard thag creates misprints likt that all the timp!

I normally fill up when the gauge starts flashing, comes to around £28 to fill up.

IQ3 Same as above about 40-45 MPG (Have yet to understand the reasoning of how the fuel gauge lights work !

Only thing I have learnt is to watch the guage like a hawk when it reaches half full, then fill up promptly when the flashing starts.

Rgds

filled my iq3 up last night, fuel gauge started flashing at 291 mls, filled up at 295 miles , 26 litres in and 51.82 to the gallon. mostly around the 65mph mark on mainly dual carriageway and motorway

I have a base model IQ and usually fill up when last bar starts to flash and it costs a little over £30. As a rule i get about 57 mpg (according to display), which is mainly a cross country commute to work (50 mile round trip). When I've done my own check, it's come out slightly lower but only by around 2 to 3 mpg so i'm very happy with the figures I get.

It cost me around £35 to top up last week, and I've been testing to see how many mpg I get. It averages about 48mpg. I was told by the dealership that the low mileage claims are worked out when the car's running in optimal conditions, which is why in reality it's not so good. I'm hoping that the more miles I do, the better the mileage will be to the gallon (it's done just over 13,000).

I filled up with super unleaded after the gauge had been flashing for about 15 miles. That's 29.25 litres at £1.309/L, costing £38.29. As a side effect, which I didn't think would happen, the fuel consumption went from 49 mpg to 54 mpg. I am keeping an eye on it because if this is right I am getting an extra 10% mpg and the extra cost of fuel is only about 2% (£1.279 for ordinary unleaded). I reckon about 10p/L saving overall. Has anybody else found this?

Well, since I started this post;

I am on half a tank. I got to half today as the bar above it extuinguished. I have done 220 miles. My av MPG is 52.

Last time I got 260 from a full tank averaging 45mpg but having just got to the half mark at 220 I want to see 300 miles from this tank. This was the first time I filled it and I filled it to the brim. Unless I lose a whole half tank over 80 miles I can't see how I wont see he 300 mark.

Looking forward to the test - its a big game really. I spend 2/3 of my work commute on the M3 motorway at circa 75mph but am very careful in the villages, usually staying below 3k.