Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Previa Overdrive Problem

LowLevelDevil

Can anyone shed some light on my overdrive problem? I have just had a major engine rebuild on my 2002 2.4VVTi Auto Previa, crank bearings, balance shafts etc. I now find that overdrive will not kick in. When I press the O/D button the dash lights up 'O/D Off' but there is no RPM change and if I shift manually there is no RPM change after 3rd has engaged. The mechanic said it could be the oil temperature sensor on the back of the head (under the inlet manifold that controls the O/D function when the oil is cold) has packed up, but I recall it working before the engine destroyed itself. Any thoughts would be greatfully recieved. Oh! I should mention there was hardly any oil in the box when I collected the car and have since put in 3.5 ltrs but the problem still persists.

• 9 months later...

Hi there I have the same problem with my previa 2000 did you manage to solve problem can you help please.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links