Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygos Cope Well In Crashes.....

Hou

Got rear ended by a Mazda 6

Photo0056.jpg

He was doing 50, I was doing 0mph in standing traffic. The Aygo took it well......

Photo0053.jpg

And it sent us into the car in front, which went tinto the one in front of that. Both airbags went off etc

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Ouch ouch and more ouches.... Hope you were ok and not hurt at all.... The Aygo looks as if it could be a write off though :crybaby:

Aygo is a complete write off, and anyone in the back would have had some serious leg injury.

But in the front we did ok, moderate whiplash, damaged coccyx and bruised leg

Aygo is a complete write off, and anyone in the back would have had some serious leg injury.

Glad to hear that Hou... Will you replace the Aygo?

Bit late now but if I'm out preparing someone for their Advanced test, I always point out that if you stop too close to the car in front and you get rear-ended, the front of your car will get it as well.... I advise them to leave at least half a car length between them and the car in front.. Handbrake on and the back of your car will take more damage, but you may not hit the car in front....

had a similar bump a few years ago in a talbot horizon.... it modified its wheelbase! The behind was doing 70mph and the guy behind him even faster - at night on the M8 with no lighting with me stopped behind stationary traffic caused by a similar bump half a mile ahead! Surprising how strong the Horizon was !

Nowadays tho you have the ...

compensation !

whiplash to both

lost work time

transport to hospitals

trauma

counselling costs to help you accept the trauma

Chauffeur to help you while you rebuild your confidence etc

A consideration for the long term effects (which may well be likely) of spinal damage leading to arthritis, pain, degradation of discs

and so on.

I didn't get compensation cos way back then you never thought of that sort of thing.

Hoping you get better soon and take things easy......+ get things checked out thoroughly.

Bit late now but if I'm out preparing someone for their Advanced test, I always point out that if you stop too close to the car in front and you get rear-ended, the front of your car will get it as well.... I advise them to leave at least half a car length between them and the car in front.. Handbrake on and the back of your car will take more damage, but you may not hit the car in front....

We were about half a car away and had the brakes on as we had just come to a stop. But with the Aygo being such a light car the initial impact sent us flying

We were about half a car away and had the brakes on as we had just come to a stop. But with the Aygo being such a light car the initial impact sent us flying

Blimey, the Mazda must have been shifting.... What was his excuse/reason for not stopping?? Did he have one or was he asleep.....

Still whatever, the main thing is that you survived :thumbsup:

Think I have whiplash after turning my head on the side to look at the pictures........ ;)

Glad you are both ok :thumbsup:

Flash is playing up so struggling to get them to turn!

As long as you guys are OK that's all that matters, the tin box can be replaced you can't... :thumbsup:

Can't believe you've missed the most important point... You made me 15mins late for work! :censor:

As long as you guys are OK that's all that matters, the tin box can be replaced you can't... :thumbsup:

+1.Glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

Hou I am pleased to read that you are ok.... as our man Bothy mentions there is cause for compensation.... so maybe we will hear the roar of an Aston Martin in the future ;) :thumbsup:

Can't believe you've missed the most important point... You made me 15mins late for work! :censor:

You work ? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :eek:

Hou I am pleased to read that you are ok.... as our man Bothy mentions there is cause for compensation.... so maybe we will hear the roar of an Aston Martin in the future ;) :thumbsup:

The IQ version??

You work ? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :eek:

I know... it shocks me sometimes too!!!