Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Usb Adapter For B9004 Help

simon1234

Hi everybody, new here!

I can't seem to able to find usb adapter for my B9004 nav unit. Some say it will work when it actually doesn't.

The closest i come is some VAIS VML adapter. But i am too scared to order cuz it may not work.

So can anyone here tell me what will work?

Hi and a belated welcome to the forum. I think the chap to ask is perhaps schm - if you search for one of his posts and then try sending him a Private Message?

I suppose it really means what you mean by "work".

They nearly all work by emulating an external cd-changer, (grom vais, dice etc). You'll probably get audio out of most of them.

Having said that, I have an old "connects2" aux adapter that is emulating a cd-changer and that doesn't work. I can see why after monitoring/analysing its comms with the B9004.

However, The B9004 doesn't appear to support cd-text from an external cd-changer in "CD mode" and I would say text is going to be quite important when playing mp3 etc from a usb stick (well, at least I've never managed to get text by emulating the changer with a B9004 and you'll only see emulated "disc", track number and time)

What I don't know is whether a "mp3 mode" is available/supported from an external cd-changer with the B9004, i.e. similar to what the internal cd player does with mp3s. That might give you text. Some of the unit instruction manuals (vais, dice) kind of hint at this mode. I've never been able to work out how to enable it though, if it really exists on the B9004 unit.

The later Toyota nav units (I have a B9017), support straight CD text and I've been successful in displaying text in "CD mode" on that.

Daft, because the standard radios in the RAV available at the same time as the B9004, do support cd-text.

• 4 months later...

Hello music listeners,

I have an older radio which has been in my rav4.3 before - 58827. what about to try to plug:

1. cd changer from 58827 (eBay 100euro) to the B9004 navigation unit as a CD changer,

2. directly instead of single cd (probably will not work because of sw)?

does anybody think it is possible?

• 2 weeks later...

1. cd changer from 58827 (ebay 100euro) to the B9004 navigation unit as a CD changer,

2. directly instead of single cd (probably will not work because of sw)?

does anybody think it is possible?

Yes it's possible. I've emulated CD changers on B9004 See CD changer screen here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118696&view=findpost&p=1067838

Some of the early aux adapters which emulate CD changers, have compatibility problems. They don't respond properly to the B9004 asking it about its capabilities at power up. You get stuttering music. I expect an old Toyota CD changer should be compatible, but there's a tiny chance they aren't.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links