Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transmission Oil

dohertydeano

I changed the transmission oil on my car this weekend amoung other things, so this is just a run thought of how i done it. Hopefuly it might help some.

This is just a amature demintration and i accept no responcibility others problems.

Frist of the tools youll need;

jack

axil stands

ratchet set

torque rench

container

gearbox oil. (in owners manual)

washers if they need replacing

SSL28753.jpg

First thing to do is take the car for a good ten min drive to warm the oil in the gear box up. This helps to drain the old oil better.

jack the front of the car up and place on axil stand. This is just for better access, make shure the car is sitting level as the car needs to be level to make shure you dontover fill with new oil.

I parked my car on a small hill so when the front was jacked in was sitting level.

The next thing is to locate you drain and filling bolts. The drain bolt is on the bottem of the gear box circled red bellow.

SSL28755.jpg

The filler bolt is located on the side of the gearbox towards the front of the car. Circled below, the pic is taken from under the car.

SSL28754.jpg

Here is the filler bolt looking down through the engine, its circled red.

SSL28763.jpg

The fist thing i did was crack these two bolts, i used a large torque rentch for this. Just get them cracked and no more, you dont want to start draining until you get the container under the hole.

SSL28756.jpg

SSL28764.jpg

Position the container under the drain hole then unsrew the drain bolt, be careful as the oil may be realy hot. Once you get the drain bolt of and the oil starts to drain, take of the filler bolt so the oil can drain faster. When you take of the filler bolt be ready to move the container, as the oil will flow out much faster with it of. I spilt some of mine due to this.

SSL28760.jpg

Take your two bolts and clean them up, check to see if the washer are damaged or worn, if they are then it is best to renew them. Mine where ok so i just used them again.

SSL28758.jpg

Once the oil has stoped draining, clean the holes and make shure there is not dirt around them. Put the drain bolt back on and tighten to 39N/M.

SSL28767.jpg

To refil the gearbox you can use a oil pump, i would use one of these if i was doing this again.

I used a funnle and a 10mm outside diameter pipe. This method dose work but it take a bit of time for the oil to go in as it is so viscous.

The filler hole is in a tight spot so you cannot just pour the oil in like the engine oil.

SSL28768.jpg

SSL28769.jpg

SSL28770.jpg

Be careful not to over fill the gearbox, you will know if you did coz the oil will pour back out though the filler hole when you take the hose pipe out.

If you do over fill it like i did, just let the exess oil flow out till it is level with the filler hole. This is how to make shure the gearbox has enough oil anyway.

SSL28771.jpg

And thats you.

Refit the filler bolt to 39N/M and lower your car down and take it for a spin.

Hope this how to helps someone.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links