Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not A Happy Bunny

Red diesel

Had a project to do for college - so everything was going fine and i am just about finished

Everything is just about lovely - except for the fact that one of the Internet URLs ive referenced to (because i sourced information from said internet site which is a perfectly ligitimate website) has decided not to work. Basically as sometimes happens with internet sites :angry: the site is playing up and when i click on the link it won't play the video.

Basically the problem is that ive quoted something that someone has said on said video so i referenced the Url needed to go straight into the website and play the exact video i need to play. It worked perfectly for the last couple of weeks and today - it goes into the website and it selects the correct video but won't actually play it. So i now have to go and resource the information i got by listenting to this guy talking from another source.

The annoying problem i have now is that the project is to do a profile on an entrepreneur (of my choice) - and the guy on the Video is the actual entrepreneur himself (just to explain why this stupid :censor: of a URL is causing me such annoyance). And it has to be in tomorrow

- still its all good fun lol.

Sorry for that waste of a good post but it helps me get it off my chest

Red diesel

I was going to say aren't you a little young for doing Projects but thats an ageist remark so I can only refer you to Raist - not because he's an entrepreuner but that he seems to be able to find info on anything....altho Bizarra could maybe add something....

Everything is all sweetness and light again

I was talking to my lecturer and it turns out hes familiar with the site ive referenced to.

So hes happy for me to still put it in as a reference even though the video thing isn't working properly, incidentally

i do have the actual proper URL entered for it - because its worked for me on several occasions. Also when i click on the

link it actually goes in the the website and goes to the right video (the whole video playing thing is part of the URL) - it just doesn't play it.

Having said that the idea of referencing in the first place is to acknowledge the sources of material youve used thats not your own

original material or work. So i was probably getting all fussed over nothing - because once ive said that i got the information from a website or book and have

entered in all the relevant info like URLs and book name and Author and all of that (and referenced correctly) - then ive covered myself againsed plagerism - which is my big worry with these things.

My worry wasn't so much the fact that the URL wasn't working - these things happen - but that because it wasn't working the info ive referenced

can't be verified and because im new to these things i worry (unneccessarily) that i will be done for plagerism even though i haven't done it.

Red diesel

Thanks Raistlin - im glad it was resolved too lol

Its just that with the way things are - its up to me to show that ive presented my work in an honest manner and with integrity

(no plagerism and other such issues) rather than for say the college to prove that ive not done things correctly. Or at least thats

been my interpretation what various lecturers have said on the subject of plagerism. The URL problem in itself wasn't a massive issue

for me. These things happen because sometimes websites don't work perfectly - i was more worried about the consequences of what would

happen if the lecturer couldn't verify the information because the website didn't work properly when he clicked on my link.

Thanks for all the support - much appreciated

Red diesel

Who is he and what was your original source ?

Hi Raistlin - ive actually sorted the problem out now in that ive explained the situation to my lecturer and

hes familliar with the website ive referenced to - and hes happy for me to use the original URL as a reference.

The short story of my little hiccup was that my chosen entrepreneur was nominated for entrepreneur of the year last year.

The sponsor of the entrepreneur of the year in Ireland has a dedicated website for entrepreneur of the year - with individual

videos of all the entrepreneurs based on original TV footage (RTE had a 3 week series where a camera crew went around to meet

all the nominated entrepreneurs at their respective business locations). Now my situation is that i watched the video for my

entrepreneur and i quoted him on something he said on the video - so i had to reference the URL of the video on the website -

the individual videos all had their own individual URLs.

I know youve asked for the name of the entrepreneur and the source - but i don't want to be having strangers going off getting stuff for me because

i don't think its fair to expect them to do so. But thank you very much anyway.

So i don't want to have half the Toyota Owners club using valuable time looking up stuff for me out of generosity - i didn't write my original post

for that reason. I just wrote it to let off steam - and i would have been able to to get the information elsewhere - it just would have being annoying to

do it. But i would have done it if i had to.

Red diesel

Generosity... I was going to charge :yahoo:

Hi Raistlin - ive actually sorted the problem out now in that ive explained the situation to my lecturer and

hes familliar with the website ive referenced to - and hes happy for me to use the original URL as a reference.

The short story of my little hiccup was that my chosen entrepreneur was nominated for entrepreneur of the year last year.

The sponsor of the entrepreneur of the year in Ireland has a dedicated website for entrepreneur of the year - with individual

videos of all the entrepreneurs based on original TV footage (RTE had a 3 week series where a camera crew went around to meet

all the nominated entrepreneurs at their respective business locations). Now my situation is that i watched the video for my

entrepreneur and i quoted him on something he said on the video - so i had to reference the URL of the video on the website -

I know youve asked for the name of the entrepreneur and the source - but i don't want to be having strangers going off getting stuff for me because

So i don't want to have half the Toyota Owners club using valuable time looking up stuff for me out of generosity - i didn't write my original post

for that reason. I just wrote it to let off steam - and i would have been able to to get the information elsewhere - it just would have being annoying to

Red diesel

:toast:

Hi Raistlin - when you asked the question originally about who my entrepreneur was and my original source was - i was actually typing out

my 5 13 pm post - i was composing my answer to better explain my problem so you could see why i was put out by a minor detail lol. So my 5 57 post was in response to your 4 48 post - but then while i was composing that post you replied to my 5.13 post and so i knew then that you knew

that everything was sorted. So i changed my 5 57 post. Hope thats okay with you and thanks very much for the support

Red diesel

Red diesel

Knowing you :rolleyes: I was going to warn Red Diesel of that certainty :yes: But seeing as how all is resolved now, I won't bother posting :lol:

Red diesel

Knowing you :rolleyes: I was going to warn Red Diesel of that certainty :yes: But seeing as how all is resolved now, I won't bother posting :lol:

Meaningless post... You :shutit:

Aye - thanks for the credits guys. I mentioned folk in good faith and all I get is nothing. So much for inter-brotherly love; crossing frontiers; being helpful tae yer fellow man; etc

We'll not hear much frae Red Diesel since the beloved Government are putting the college fees up to £18,000 a term anyway. :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links