Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whic Model Is My Avensis Sat Nav ?

Dan1979

Hi all,

Just purchased my 57 plate avensis TR D-4D Estate diesel which has sat nav built in to the dash, when i went to play with the dvd it turns out there is no dvd in the sat nav hence wont work, i contacted toyota to see how much a dvd would be and they said £148, wow, anyways i wanted to find out what the satnav model would be so i could see if i could pick up a cheap one not nessacerally the new one but one that would work but they all say to find out which one it is it should say on the dvd, but lol i dont have it so how do i find out? also does anyone know if any other models dvd will work in this one?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

On this site, http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu you can order the most current DVD, and also compare your Nav device with the pictures to order the correct one.

The DVDs are model dependent.

Hi many thanks for that, ive had alook and compared models, my aucual unit looks like the Hard disc drive, however the startup screen looks like the gen 05 -tn5700 and takes dvd, i've looked at ordering it but it needs a part number, how can i get this if i dont have the disc?

Hi,

On this site, http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu you can order the most current DVD, and also compare your Nav device with the pictures to order the correct one.

Hi many thanks for that, ive had alook and compared models, my aucual unit looks like the Hard disc drive, however the startup screen looks like the gen 05 -tn5700 and takes dvd, i've looked at ordering it but it needs a part number, how can i get this if i dont have the disc?

Dan what is written on the unit,

is it b9001

or b9010?

Hi,

is it b9001

or b9010?

Sorry mate will have to go look, its B9010

Hi,

is it b9001

or b9010?

Sorry mate will have to go look, its B9010

Its TNS-700.

So you need DVD for TNS-700.

In order to find part number you need to take it out and it should be printed on the top of it.

Do i really need to do that as i dont know how to do it and am not confident, could i just search for a tns700 on the bay and would any of those disc work?

In order to find part number you need to take it out and it should be printed on the top of it.

Do i really need to do that as i dont know how to do it and am not confident, could i just search for a tns700 on the bay and would any of those disc work?

I need to confirm only 1 thing. Where is your original DVD of maps?

Was that version 2007-2008 or later?

Try to answer these as they would help me to put you in right direction.

I need to confirm only 1 thing. Where is your original DVD of maps?

Was that version 2007-2008 or later?

Try to answer these as they would help me to put you in right direction.

I got the car today, and discovered that there was no dvd in there when i went to use the sat nav, have phoned the dealer who said he will chase up but i dont have much faith since i have now paid my money, the car is 2007 57 plate

Many thanks

You need item 130491305773 from e-bay.

And if you need updated version then I sent you PM.

Best of luck, dont forget to say thanks when you got it working :thumbsup:

Your a star many thanks for you help much appreciated :)

Hi Sam,

I've been reading your posts . I'm thinking of upgrading my sat nav disc too. My car is a 2007 T-180 Estate, but I've no idea what sat nav I've got untill I get out to the car tomorrow morning. Mine has the "pop up" screen on the dash board. Is the E11 disc the latest one out there for the Avensis based system? :thumbsup:

Hi Sam,

I've been reading your posts . I'm thinking of upgrading my sat nav disc too. My car is a 2007 T-180 Estate, but I've no idea what sat nav I've got untill I get out to the car tomorrow morning. Mine has the "pop up" screen on the dash board. Is the E11 disc the latest one out there for the Avensis based system? :thumbsup:

Now this might sound like a strange question! But I've located the unit under the passenger seat and toggeled the switch to open up the unit, but how do you get the disc out? It says on the dash that I have a Ver 1 DVD 2006-2007.

Do you have to eject the disc from the buttons that control the sat nav via the controls between the front seats? :wacko:

Hi Sam,

Now this might sound like a strange question! But I've located the unit under the passenger seat and toggeled the switch to open up the unit, but how do you get the disc out? It says on the dash that I have a Ver 1 DVD 2006-2007.

Do you have to eject the disc from the buttons that control the sat nav via the controls between the front seats? :wacko:

Well in that case you dont have TNS 700 because in TNS 700 the DVD goes directly into unit.

You may have TNS-500 where the screen pops out.

Well there should be a cover on the DVD-ROM under the passenger seat with two hooks on it, remove the hook and undeneath there will be eject button, which you have to slide and disk should come out.

Check what is written on disk and search one for yourself. :thumbsup:

Hi Sam,

Well in that case you dont have TNS 700 because in TNS 700 the DVD goes directly into unit.

You may have TNS-500 where the screen pops out.

Well there should be a cover on the DVD-ROM under the passenger seat with two hooks on it, remove the hook and undeneath there will be eject button, which you have to slide and disk should come out.

Check what is written on disk and search one for yourself. :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the unit tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hi new to this i just got my 07 avensis estate t spirit with out dated maps any idea's were to get a resonable price disk or update.

Thanks

Hi new to this i just got my 07 avensis estate t spirit with out dated maps any idea's were to get a resonable price disk or update.

Thanks

You'll find loads for sale on eBay :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Hi folks,

I am not sure what the outcome was of this discussion, but I am need of some advice on a similar topic. I bought my car a few weeks ago to find it has no sat nav dvd.

The unit is a B9010 and look like you install the dvd behind the tilt and slide unit. My vehicle is a 2008 Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D TR.

A guy on eBay has offered me a dvd for a tenner from the unit he is selling - a RAV 4 sat nav B9001 unit - but today the listing disappeared despite originally being advertised till November which causes me concern. If he is legit, does anyone know if this dvd would still work?

listings often disappear because they have sold the item outside eBay.

• Like 1

Can I just ask, I was under the impression that I would need the original disc before being able to buy updated maps - but I have been advised via a Toyota dealer that I can simply insert an updated map dvd and it will still work, despite not having the original installed.

I wanted to ask as I have had 2 quotes from Toyota dealers, one for £154 and the other for £760!!

you can just use any correct DVD, if it's a later one it may even install an updated firmware onto the unit (depending upon if it has already been updated or not).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LEXUS-Sat-Nav-Navigation-CD-DVD-Disc-West-UK-France-Italy-Spain-/201194706590?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ed823969e

Quite old but better than nothing. Let me have a look at home as I may still have a DVD.

You can pm Kingo (Lindop Toyota parts dept.) on here & he can give you a price.

• Like 1

Ahh all starts to make sense now! Thank you for your advice and help as I was going around in circles and going mad!

So basically this disc for example would be ok to use? plus also has an updated firmware as well states the advert - just ensuring it would be ok for a 9010 model when it is advertised as a TNS700.

" just ensuring it would be ok for a 9010 model when it is advertised as a TNS700."

TNS700 & B9010 are the same thing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links