Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Discs

Corrolla18

Howdy, with the nice weather I've been hard at it and I thought I would show off the fruits of my endeavours, see what you think.

med_gallery_92273_1141_21805.jpg

They look nice mate, have you noticed much difference compared to the standard discs in terms of stopping power or is it too early to say?

Well, I only fit them today so I'll have to let them bed in, take it easy for about 200 miles :( but after that I'll let you know.

MTEC by any chance?? ;)

Yes indeedy

Much better than Mr T's originals, what pads you paired them with?

Looking good, how did you paint the calipers aswell? In-site with a brush or removed and sprayed?

M-TEC crew lol, mine came with mintex i think it was. Been ace so far after bedding in. You calipers are smart too, I did mine black but should have done them red.

Much better than Mr T's originals, what pads you paired them with?

There mintex pads came with the discs.

Looking good, how did you paint the calipers aswell? In-site with a brush or removed and sprayed?

I painted the calipers a while back. Painted them with a brush, red hammerite and while they were in situ.

will these help at all with the problem i seem to have? my abs seems to be over sensitive... as in when im heavy braking (not just driving stupidly i was more testing them once) it seemed to kick in a lot earlier than i expected and i felt i would have been able to push them a bit harder before the wheels locked up but it judderded me to a stop...

are you discs and pads low or in need of replacement soon? i bought my car when it was 5 years old and it had on the factory discs!! so i was get rediculous amounts of abs, changed the front to mtec discs with ferodo pads and mintex discs and pads on the rear now the abs hardly comes into play.

are you discs and pads low or in need of replacement soon? i bought my car when it was 5 years old and it had on the factory discs!! so i was get rediculous amounts of abs, changed the front to mtec discs with ferodo pads and mintex discs and pads on the rear now the abs hardly comes into play.

Well the cars a 55 plate Iv owned for a couple of months and I have no receipts from the last owner saying pads or discs have been replaced. Another thing for the shopping list? And how easy are they to fit and adjust

Well the cars a 55 plate Iv owned for a couple of months and I have no receipts from the last owner saying pads or discs have been replaced. Another thing for the shopping list? And how easy are they to fit and adjust

Discs and pads are really easy to fit, not sure what you mean about adjustment though? If you mean run out on the disc then the tolerance is about 0.15mm. However I never found any issue with this as the disc is basically clamped by the wheel so if you make sure all mating surfaces are clean then you should have no issue with run out. As for adjustment of the handbrake then I couldn't say how hard that is having not done it on this car yet.

would it be cheaper to buy after market pads and discs when they need renewing than to buy original Toyota ones? how much do these cost?

yeh for the price toyota want just to replace just your front discs and pads, if not cheaper. You can get drilled/grooved (your choice of either or both) discs all around (same discs as standard) and mintex extreme pads i think they are were about £200.

Yes, my ABS seems to be a bit over sensitive.

The pads and disks are just short of £200 for all 4 wheels

• Like 1

toyota genuine brakes are !Removed! (in my opinion) and for the price they ask for them whoever set that price needs a good hiding!!

get yourself some mtec goodness with ferodo pads and bobs your uncle.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, with the nice weather I've been hard at it and I thought I would show off the fruits of my endeavours, see what you think.

med_gallery_92273_1141_21805.jpg

Are these the ones you have, they look the same.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110608708420&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Are they any good?

Thanks.