Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deactivate Lean-Burn Function, Carina E 1.8 '98

daleynewman

Hi,

i'm Dale from Holland and new to this forum. It looks pretty good guys. I'm typically a bit of a racer. Raced old Datsun's in the 80's and more recently i've discoverded the toyota. Well impressed with the Corolla E10 4afe and even more impressed with my last Corolla, a E9 Gti 4age. What a cracker!! 3 years ago i bought a '98 Carina E 1.8 lean-burn.... :crybaby: Well, to be truthful, its been reliable until now, but the lean-burn function on the moterway is just forcing me into looking for a new car, which is a shame because the rest of the car is fine. I just can't stand the way the lean-burn switches in and out all the time just when you don't want it to! Is there anyone here who has experience with the working/switching of the lean-burn? If i can find a way of switching it off for (some)moterway use then i'll be keeping this, otherwise, great car. It's strange, in the 1st and 2nd gear the lean-burn function is not 'switched' on. Only in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear does the lean-burn come into 'action'. Is there maybe a way to disable the lean-burn from the switching source,- the gearbox? I can't find any info, anywhere about wiring/disableing this. Any tips or info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

You might get a bit more luck posting in the correct section

Anyway welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum and try searching as the answers may be in the cars section. Good luck!