Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Guage And Outside Temp Guage?

donnyvfr

today i fitted new anti roll bar bushes onto my 98 avensis 1.8 gls, not hard but arkward to do as it involved dropping the rear sub frame to get to them, however now my petrol guage is showing empty all the time and the outside temp guage just shows three dashes, these were working fine previously!!! any ideas, i not checked fuses yet but according to book there is not a seperate one for these. help urgently please as i hate my car not being right!!!

Only thing I can suggest is that you have perhaps trapped/damaged/cut etc some wiring causing a short that has maybe/maybe not blown a fuse. Temperature sensor is usually at the front anyway so a lack of supply (fuse) does seem likely but you must find the reason why... hidden cable damage etc.

Nothing else seems related to what you have done.

strange one this!!!!nothing to do with fitting antiroll bar bushes at all, the voltage regulator on the back of the clocks had blown!!! as an electronic engineer i enquired about getting a replacement regulator from my usual sources but no joy. i had to go to the breakers and get a replacement clock set........trouble was when i fitted it the clocks had 290k miles on them whereas my car has only 122k miles. i managed to unsolder the voltage reg on the replacement clocks and refitt onto my clocks......job done although fiddly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links