Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting 2 Din Dvd/gps Screen :/

ChrisRuffell

Right... the big heavy box has arrived and todays the day iv blagged off work to fit it!

before i go ahead ripping open the box does anyone have any tips or helping ideas as for how to

1. get the old cd/radio out???

2. any extra cables i should pick up from Halfords or any store before I start as i live 16 miles from my nearest big town so dont fancy getting half way through it and realising i need to get some silly little adaptor or something!

and last but not least.. where would be best to run the cable for the camera?? (YES IT HAS A REAR VIEW CAMERA!!! :D ) under the carpet or through the roof lining??

ill upload pics as i go along, woud love to hear all your opinions.

and do i need to tell me insurance company?

you'll probs need the ISO adaptor if you don't already have it?

and same for the fascia adaptor.

fit audio have a good guide for taking out the headunit, but if you don't have the auto-air con you'll need to take out another hidden screw which is located under the middle heater knob.

i'd run the cable under the carpet tbh.

Right!!! It's in. Took 3 hours! I'll upload photos later

IMG_0012.jpg

Old Rubbish radio. Im gonna miss knowing my MPG :(

IMG_0014.jpg

remove the heater control knob and it all pretty much pulls apart from there!

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Then you get into the world behind the dash where somehow they made everything a lot shorter than would have been nice

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

unbolt these 4 (leave the middle one) and the radio just slide out.. with some force

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Hey presto put the new one back in and put everything back together.. i was left with 2 screws which i dont remember where they go.....

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Fasica ordered once I get that on will look nice and clean fitting :D I won't need to remove everything again will I?!!!

That is sexy!

Any chance you could link to where you got it mate?

I really wanna do this when i can afford it lol!

I really like the head unit, any chance u can tell us the the model and where u got it from? I looks like an updated version of an OEM toyota unit!

just bought it on eBay. cost £320+postage.. radio signal is fine on it. was a pain wiring the camera in as i had to run the cable through the floor and make it look tidy... cant get the digital tv to pick up signal which kinda sucks but ill work on it..

and last thing... my electric windows work fine.. but the auto up and down doesnt.... anyone know why??

You need to reset them, i think its hold the switch until the window is down then hold the switch in the up position until the window is up.

Something like that, youll get it by fiddling round with the switch.

the digital tv, you will need a digi tv aerial.

It came with a digital tv ariel. Couldnt find a good place to put it so it's just in the glove box at the moment.. The steering wheel controls still work :D

I tired the window up and down thing. Didnt work :( help!!!

There's a guide on here somewhere, but with the ignition on or engine running and the window fully raised, hold the window button in the up position for 5 seconds or more to reset the sensors. Do one window at a time and the auto up and down should now work nicely!

Windows now work :D thank you! Next problem... The tom-tom software works. But it says no gps device. Iv seen the gps status on another program and its fine and working but the tontom software doesn't seen to recognise it. Any ideas? And what should the baud rate be???