Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Problems (No Lights Etc)

AvensisT22

Hi there,

just finished off my LPG conversion, booked in to get it certification at the weekend...

One major problem....

No dashboard illumination, No heater illumination, No radio dim, The left hand headlight has the dipped, main beam and sidelights on all the time, when sidelights or dipped beam is switched on, the right hand side doesn't work at all... only 2 of 3 brake lights work, centre and passenger side.

Reversing lights and Indicators/Hazards work fine...

I have welded a bracket onto the car for my injector rail... but the Battery was physically out of the car...

Suggestions?

Wonder if I've put a self tapper through a headlight/tail light wire? Doubt it as the LPG pipe is clipped under the chassis rail... and the solenoid I mounted is on the front crossmember above the headlight...

I'll check tommorow, but this really wouldn't explain the lack of instrument illumination etc, would it?

I've check the fuse for the RH headlight, blown, if I replace it, blows again...

HELP!

Many thanks.

Hi there,

just finished off my LPG conversion, booked in to get it certification at the weekend...

One major problem....

No dashboard illumination, No heater illumination, No radio dim, The left hand headlight has the dipped, main beam and sidelights on all the time, when sidelights or dipped beam is switched on, the right hand side doesn't work at all... only 2 of 3 brake lights work, centre and passenger side.

Reversing lights and Indicators/Hazards work fine...

I have welded a bracket onto the car for my injector rail... but the battery was physically out of the car

Wonder if I've put a self tapper through a headlight/tail light wire? Doubt it as the LPG pipe is clipped under the chassis rail... and the solenoid I mounted is on the front crossmember above the headlight...

I'll check tommorow, but this really wouldn't explain the lack of instrument illumination etc, would it?

I've check the fuse for the RH headlight, blown, if I replace it, blows again...

HELP!

Many thanks.

Hi you need to recheck every screw that you fitted, you have a dead short there,also check all the earth points in the areas you were working.

It may be worth checking around the area you did the welding as well. Lots of heat doesn't do electrical insulation much good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links