Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Ipad Is Out :)

Steve

the new Apple Ipad is out..

anyone queing for it outside the shop this morning for one lol

Not queing but my colleague ordered one online at 1 AM this morning he tells me :rolleyes:

I'm quite happy with the mark one i-pad thanks, I've no intention of spending another 700 quid a year after I bought this one!!!

Queuing? errr no.

I don't really see the point in them to be honest...

Comment I found on the iPhone, not the iPad :blink: Didn't think it was worth starting a new topic :unsure:

1. The iPhone

SAY WHAT? The iPhone is a line of Internet and multimedia-enabled smartphones designed and marketed by Cupertino’s Apple Inc. It launched in June of 2007.

DID IT MAKE MONEY? Oh, just a bit. Although Apple’s Mac computers and iPads have been selling respectably, the iPhone is the company's workhorse. The device propelled Apple to its highest ever profits in Q4 2010: $6 billion, on $26.7 billion revenue.

Apple has sold more than 50 million iPhones. Now, four years on, the entry-level device retails for around $550. Do the math. Tack on sales of cases, bumpers, ear buds, and apps, and the iPhone is the goose that laid the golden egg.

HOW DUMB IS IT? Despite the problems that plagued the iPhone 4 – the “death grip” debacle, the dropped calls, the fact its Battery can’t be replaced, the lack of support for Flash, the shatter-prone screen, the poor excuse for multitasking, the lack of storage, and the prohibitive price tag…sorry, what was the question?

Seriously, Steve Jobs's sleight of hand with the iPhone may go down as the world's all-time greatest con. To softheaded consumers he's delivered a telephone that's both massively bigger and more expensive than the generation it replaced. And what do you get for the expense and inconvenience? Angry Birds. And the light-saber app. Ooh, and the one that can tell you what song is playing on an IHOP intercom. Ooh, ooh, and the one that makes you sound like T-Pain. In other words, kiddie novelties that you use five or ten times, show everyone you know, then promptly forget. And the thing is again a mediocre phone that costs the earth.

Ask yourself: If the clerks in Apple stores are called geniuses, what are the customers?

THE AFTERMATH: Despite numerous complaints about performance of iPhone 4 on its release, the mooing herd descended en masse on Apple stores across the U.S. In just three days, the device sold 1.7 million units. My advice: Get your ear tag and start lining up now for the iPhone 5.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links