Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 D-4D Radio

john_robot

hi guys,

any idea of how many watts the 2005 avensis radio is?

see this link for radio details:

http://www.ertasvc.ru/tovar/511.htm

the problem is, if you try to change the factory Speakers they might be too powerful for the radio which I don't believe can put more than 20 watts per channel. So you end up clipping the build in amp which leads to poor sound and occasional loud cracks.

You can check your old speakers and there should be watts on it to have idea, how much watts is it?

nope, no watts, they're harman cardon paper cones, just part number on the back

checked both tweeters and door Speakers, no info whatsoever

You can check your old speakers and there should be watts on it to have idea, how much watts is it?

nope, no watts, they're harman cardon paper cones, just part number on the back

checked both tweeters and door Speakers, no info whatsoever

Hmmm interesting to know that, I know on previous versions, Clarion Speakers were used and with watts and ohms printed on them.

sorry cant help you with exact watts although I have the same system.

So Are you looking to upgrade the Speakers, or you have problem with one of those?

Hmmm interesting to know that, I know on previous versions, Clarion speakers were used and with watts and ohms printed on them.

sorry cant help you with exact watts although I have the same system.

So Are you looking to upgrade the speakers, or you have problem with one of those?

I upgraded all door Speakers (without the tweeters) to JBLs. Problem is JBLs are rated 60w front and 45w back ones so I suffered loss of punch, dynamics and also distorted frequency picture as a whole (since the jbl's are two way Speakers and the original ones were dual paper cones)

If you put the volume up it sounds good but clips on heavy bass songs sometimes; at low volumes you get highs but no bass;

I am confident that whatever the reason for these is it has something to do with the calibration of the factory system too - for instance with the jbl's when you are driving the road noise hides some low frequencies so you get an out of phase kind of effect to your ears. If the car is stopped it sounds better but still flat, the deepness of the stock system is almost gone.

I measured the old Speakers with a multimeter and they show 2.3ohm which, times 1.3 gives about 4ohm (thats how they say you can measure the nominal impedance)

So I guess they are 4ohm then :)

I will try and replace the back speakers with Pioneer 25w dual cones and see if this makes a difference.

still the question is the wattage of the stock radio cause it all depends on it

4 ohms spot on...as most of Japanese cars come with 4 ohm Speakers.

About Watts, from my experience helping my friends with Mazda, Nissan, Toyota (Japanese cars), most of Speakers are b/w 25-30 watts.

Out of iterest Mazda contracted Pioneer to supply their speaker for 2000-2006/7 sorts of cars.

I am sure that Pioneer 25w will give you better sound. You are correct that speaker are of high power and amplifier of your unit cannt produce enough noise to give them good beat.

If you dont get good results, worth of trying amplifier.

Let us know how you get on with it.

:thumbsup:

The Speakers made by Harman Cardon are of top quality better than most Pioneer /Sony stuff etc

Harman Cardon are a top player in music reproduction and are world renowned for live music reproduction

Take my word for it i ran a very successful Disco company in Liverpool and i only used top quality equipment

and Harman Cardon are makers of some of the best

The speakers made by Harman Cardon are of top quality better than most Pioneer /Sony stuff etc

Harman Cardon are a top player in music reproduction and are world renowned for live music reproduction

Take my word for it i ran a very successful Disco company in Liverpool and i only used top quality equipment

and Harman Cardon are makers of some of the best

Cav no doubt you are correct. Well if you put high watts Speakers with low power amplifier you do not get good results.

As you said, you supplied good music system to others, I am sure you must know it already. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links