Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater And Clock Colour Change

shoney

hey everyone

is there any way of having the heater and clock lights changed, i want mine the same orangy red colour as the dials, i can change the head unit colour so thats not a problem, sorry for the poor pic, it was took on my phone

post-106879-0-29306700-1301263707_thumb.

i attempted this the other day,i was going to make a thread on it but cudnt be ubikd ,it didnt work anyways,and some of me LEDs arent workin now haha

i need to go to maplin and get some different led`s as the ones i had i think had a high resistance :ffs: ,best thing to do is do what im doing ,get the bulb out ,take it maplin and say you want red 1s ,slap them in and hope they work :lol:

wow i didnt think it would be as easy as that, i might nip down tomorrow and get some.

will put a pic up with how i get on

either paint them like the others did mine turned out ok

08022011060.jpg

or get these

bulbs :thumbsup:

that looks tidy mate, not sure which way im gonna do it yet, it looks well worth doing tho

Can you change the colour of the dials?

im not sure, but i think you can because the T3 and Tspirit had white LEDs, would be cool to have white ones that change to red when you reach the lift :yes:

shame on mine that all the heater controls and that are white plastic with a green backing with a white bulb behind, so i have to put up with green forever tut

The bulbs you need are.....

Neo Wedge T4x5 - red

Neo Wedge T5x3 - red

These will literally just screw back in replacing the existing bulbs. I haven't done mine yet but after some research this was how I was gonna do it, they're pretty cheap on eBay.

Speedo can be done but not easily, you will need to remove the old LED's then solder new ones in.

In stead of painting the bulbs with your wife's nail things, you can also easily put new "condoms" over the bulbs.

Original there are green "condoms" over the bulbs, you can also buy those in red.

Easy as that.

Grtz

In stead of painting the bulbs with your wife's nail things, you can also easily put new "condoms" over the bulbs.

Original there are green "condoms" over the bulbs, you can also buy those in red.

Easy as that.

Grtz

Nice one, i painted mine as didnt know you could get coloured sleeves plus the gf had the nail polish sitting there.

yeah buying new bulbs will be better and you can replace the old ones if you sell your car, the pic is a bit crappy but its definatly better than the dull green :censor: , as for the clock its hard work but possible and the radio is a minefield of micro leds which can be changed but you will need surgeon like hands and be an artist with a soldering iron :thumbsup:

I've put new LEDs in and it looks rubbish, they are to dark and they hardy light up the function buttons, gonna nip down asda and get some nail varnish when I get up later, good job they only cost me a fiver

Tip: buy or order leds which shine their light in a 120° corner.

Normal leds only shine straight ahead (i also changed my console lights into blue).

leds-buy.nl ;)

Grtz

all sorted now, i first tried new LEDs but they looked rubbish(only cost £5 so not to bothered) then i painted the original LEDs with the brightest red nail varnish i could get hold of, looks really good now :yahoo:

post-106879-0-81641400-1301667358_thumb.

post-106879-0-27497200-1301667382_thumb.

Looks good ;)

But the effect that u had with the leds, is because they shine straight ahead ;)

I also changed them by leds, but i ordered special ones who shine all round ;)

Grtz

Has anyone done it in white or know whether that would look gd?

Has anyone done it in white or know whether that would look gd?

I didn't think to look mate, the standard LEDs are White with green caps over them, it shouldn't take you much time have a look, I'd look on mine but I painted them lol

Im tempted to do mine blue.

do the facelift corollas have red caps over the LED's?

Im tempted to do mine blue.

do the facelift corollas have red caps over the LED's?

im not sure, but knowing toyota they will be red caps, they dont really change there methods much, its the same heater console just a different colour so it will be the same lay out id of thought